R: R: Suggestion

Vincenzo Mone

David,

i am using WxTrack, made update elements but i do not see EUTE 10A ( EUTE
W2A ),

I just see:

EUTELSAT W1

EUTELSAT W2

EUTELSAT W3

EUTELSAT W3A

EUTELSAT W4

EUTELSAT W5

Maybe I have an alder version of WxTrack?

I have V3.8.19.973, 2012-Apr-09

Thanks

73's de Enzo IK8OZV

EasyLog 5 BetaTester

EasyLog PDA BetaTester

WinBollet BetaTester

D.C.I. CheckPoint Regione Campania

Skype: ik8ozv8520

**********************************

******* GSM +39 328 7110193 *******

****** SMS +39 328 7110193 ******

*** 2nd e-mail: vimone@... ***

*********************************

De : MSG-1@... [mailto:MSG-1@...]
Envoy� : mercredi 17 d�cembre 2014 18:24
� : MSG-1@...

--

------------------------------------

------------------------------------

http://www.satsignal.eu/wxsat/glossary.htm

Join GEO - the Group for Earth Observation
for the informative GEO Quarterly magazine:
http://www.geo-web.org.uk/

------------------------------------

Yahoo Groups Links

--
Alan Sewards
�mail: alan@...
web site: http://asewards.free.fr

Alan Sewards

Enzo,

Francois Roland has pointed out that I made an error in describing how to use the site drossel-services.de. I had not understood that the satellite Eutelsat 10E is in fact also known as Eutelsat W1 (-10), so to use the site you simply choose the satellite as Eutelsat W1 (-10), input your own latitude and longitude, and choose which days you want the solar data for, and the time of the solar transit is then shown together with useful data such as elevation and skew as well as azimuth.

I hope this will help you to align your dish correctly and receive the DVB S-2 transmissions from Eutelsat 10East.

Best regards - Alan S

geojohnt@...

Alan Sewards

Thank you, John. That explains it!

Best regards - Alan S

On 19-Dec-14 12:50 AM, geojohnt@... [MSG-1] wrote:
http://www.eutelsat.com/files/contributed/news/media_library/brochures/EUTEL
SAT_SATELLITE_E10A.pdf
--

MSG-1@... writes:

Thank you, John. That explains it!

Best regards - Alan S

On 19-Dec-14 12:50 AM, geojohnt@... [MSG-1] wrote:
http://www.eutelsat.com/files/contributed/news/media_library/brochures/EUTEL
SAT_SATELLITE_E10A.pdf

Hello Alan,

Just to say having got the EUTELSAT 10A/W1 - (-10) sorted out I spent a few
moments using the drossel-services.de. dish alignment programme and
found it easy to use.
I particularly liked the fact you could pinpoint your house on the street
map to get your location readout.
And the 'string method' looks foolproof.

I also liked the more detailed PDF document information, photos and
diagrams regarding dish alignment.

One thing I'm a bit worried about is that it states the timing on the day
you set is valid for 7 days.
Timing for my location on 20th December is 11:03, timing on 27th December
is 11:06 - nearly 1 degree difference.
Better to 'detail the day' when you do the alignment?