EKU replacement

Dave

I think I may have damaged my EKU.When pulling out of the USB slot. the bottom section came away. I seemed to put it back together ok and it lights up when reinserted in to the usb slot, the EKU lit ok.
However the Red T does not change now to yellow T.
Does anyone know how I can get a new eku.

Thanks
Philip

R. Alblas

Philip,

The EKU doesn't change the colour of your T. Something else must be wrong; Tellicast receives PID100 (yellow T) but it doesn't recognize it's from Eumetcast.

See:

http://www.alblas.demon.nl/wsat/msg_info.html#tshoot

Rob.

Alan Banks <alan@...>

On 26/01/2013 18:21, Dave wrote:
I think I may have damaged my EKU.When pulling out of the USB slot. the bottom section came away. I seemed to put it back together ok and it lights up when reinserted in to the usb slot, the EKU lit ok.
However the Red T does not change now to yellow T.
Does anyone know how I can get a new eku.

Thanks
Philip

To get a replacement EKU.
Goto your EO Portal login
Edit/View subscription
Click on edit/view
scroll down to EUMETCast
click on modify
order new EKU and you will be invoiced for a new one. They now accept credit cards online to pay for the invoice once received.

Alan

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

I think I may have damaged my EKU.When pulling out of the USB slot. the bottom section came away. I seemed to put it back together ok and it lights up when reinserted in to the usb slot, the EKU lit ok.
However the Red T does not change now to yellow T.
Does anyone know how I can get a new eku.

Thanks
Philip
=====================================

Philip,

Try, Programs, eToken, eToken properties, and click on the View eToken Info button. See if you get a page of eToken information display (like the sample below). If the page looks OK, your eToken is working.

Sample: http://www.satsignal.eu/wxsat/Dexatek/125-d.png

From my Web page: http://www.satsignal.eu/wxsat/Dexatek/eToken.html

Order a replacement from EUMETSAT as Alan mentioned. There are other trouble-shooting steps mentioned in those pages and here:

http://www.satsignal.eu/wxsat/atovs/EUMETCast-trouble-shooting-guide.html

Dave

Hi,
Thanks for that, and the etoken looks to be working correctly. Unfortunately I need to find my password now for the etoken. I cant seem to find it anywhere. Is there any way you can find it.
Unfortunately my computer crashed and I am having to set everything up again..

Philip

From my Web page: http://www.satsignal.eu/wxsat/Dexatek/eToken.html

Order a replacement from EUMETSAT as Alan mentioned. There are other
trouble-shooting steps mentioned in those pages and here:

http://www.satsignal.eu/wxsat/atovs/EUMETCast-trouble-shooting-guide.html

Hi,
Thanks for that, and the etoken looks to be working correctly. Unfortunately I need to find my password now for the etoken. I cant seem to find it anywhere. Is there any way you can find it.
Unfortunately my computer crashed and I am having to set everything up again..

Philip

Philip/Dave?

There is no password for the eToken. Just cancel the request. This /is/ covered on the EUMETSAT install CD tutorial.