Eclipse

Alan Banks <alan@...>

I have uploaded three different satellite images to my website of the solar eclipse.
They were all from data received via EUMETCast and all three are reported as being at 21.00 UT.
Clearly the FY 2E image is later than the others (MTSAT and GOES W) as the shadow is quite seperate from the terminator. This would fit in with a 22.00 image from MTSAT also uploaded.
See
http://www.alanbanks.org.uk/imageofmonth.html
Cheers
Alan

James Brown

On 15/11/2012 20:04, Alan Banks wrote:
I have uploaded three different satellite images to my website of the
solar eclipse.
They were all from data received via EUMETCast and all three are
reported as being at 21.00 UT.
Clearly the FY 2E image is later than the others (MTSAT and GOES W) as
the shadow is quite seperate from the terminator. This would fit in with
a 22.00 image from MTSAT also uploaded.
See
http://www.alanbanks.org.uk/imageofmonth.html
Cheers
Alan
Many thanks Alan - excellent imagery,

James

Geoffrey Gee <geoffrey@...>

Alan

You may recognise me from the past. I was looking forward to looking at your images taken from an area I know well and which I have been able to cover regularly until; recently. Any ideas as to how I can get them to open The current link fails.

Unfortunately I have had recently to move from my flat to a care home and have had to leave my Dish MSG & METOP installation behind but have one of my computers with me . I am now reduced to being an old ordinary weather watcher !!!!! Any hints on useful sites to fill the hole left by my loss of my EUMETSAT data would be much appreciated

Cheers .......................Geoffrey

On 16/11/2012 15:56, Geoffrey Gee wrote:
Alan

You may recognise me from the past. I was looking forward to looking at your images taken from an area I know well and which I have been able to cover regularly until; recently. Any ideas as to how I can get them to open The current link fails.

Unfortunately I have had recently to move from my flat to a care home and have had to leave my Dish MSG & METOP installation behind but have one of my computers with me . I am now reduced to being an old ordinary weather watcher !!!!! Any hints on useful sites to fill the hole left by my loss of my EUMETSAT data would be much appreciated

Cheers .......................Geoffrey
Hello Geoffrey,
My thoughts are with you at this difficult transition. Alan will no doubt be along to support, but in the mean time can I also offer the thought of you getting ftp access to some data files from Eumetsat - IF your care home supports a broadband connection. Otherwise there are a sites which would allow a browser access to some images if e.g. you had a laptop with a dongle. Could perhaps you could let the group know what amount of data you might be able to get via land-line connection at your new address?

All the very best

James

Alan Banks <alan@...>

Hello Geoffrey,
Good to hear from you and I'm sorry you have lost your window on the world.
I'm not sure why the link doesn't work for you as there are no issues here. My son in Taiwan has no difficulty either.
Try going to my Home page
http://www.alanbanks.org.uk/
and click on the 'Solar Eclipse' link.
It does make me wonder whether you have a decent internet link and before you take up James suggestion, I would check what speed you can get and whether you need some additional equipment in your room. Are you plug in or wi-fi?

Alan

From: Alan Banks

http://www.alanbanks.org.uk/imageofmonth.html

Geoffrey Gee <geoffrey@...>

Hello Alan

Many thanks for your reply,I did as you suggested and had no problem in accessing your solar eclipse images.

Thanks again for making them available they are excellent.

With regard to my internet access I still have my old line and wireless router, it is only the Dish that I have lost.

Regards.....................Geoffrey

From: Alan Banks

http://www.alanbanks.org.uk/imageofmonth.html

Geoffrey Gee <geoffrey@...>

Hello James

How very kind of you to pick up my message and to send me your good wishes at this difficult time.

With regard to internet access I have my old line and wireless router It was only my Dish that I had to leave behind and so loose my direct contact with EUMETSAT

Very best wishes..................Geoffrey

On 17/11/2012 12:15, Geoffrey Gee wrote:
Hello James

How very kind of you to pick up my message and to send me your good wishes at this difficult time.

With regard to internet access I have my old line and wireless router It was only my Dish that I had to leave behind and so loose my direct contact with EUMETSAT

Very best wishes..................Geoffrey
Geoffrey - have a look at:

http://www.eumetsat.int/Home/Main/DataAccess/Internet/index.htm?l=en

Hope this might encourage you,

James