Flooding in West Africa

simon_rproud <simon.proud@...>

Hello all,I thought I'd share this:
http://oiswww.eumetsat.org/WEBOPS/iotm/iotm/20121015_flood/20121015_floo\;
d.html <Hello all, I thought I'd share this:
http://oiswww.eumetsat.org/WEBOPS/iotm/iotm/20121015_flood/20121015_floo\;
d.html A good example of how MSG data can be used without the need for
very sophisticated processing - even just using raw SEVIRI data and your
eyes can give lots of useful information. Aside from this and the ones
linked at the bottom of the article (all in Africa) I think there's also
been some similar studies done for Europe, although I suppose you need
some BIG floods before SEVIRI can see them at high latitude!>
A good example of how MSG data can be used without the need for very
sophisticated processing - even just using raw SEVIRI data and your eyes
can give lots of useful information. Aside from this and the ones linked
at the bottom of the article (all in Africa) I think there's also been
some similar studies done for Europe, although I suppose you need some
BIG floods before SEVIRI can see them at high latitude!

Simon Proud <simon.proud@...>

Hmm, and a useful lesson in not using the 'rich text' editor in
yahoo! Here's the original, with less confusing text:

Hello all, I thought I'd share this:
http://oiswww.eumetsat.org/WEBOPS/iotm/iotm/20121015_flood/20121015_flood.html

A good example of how MSG data can be used without the need for very
sophisticated processing - even just using raw SEVIRI data and your eyes
can give lots of useful information.
Aside from this and the ones linked at the bottom of the article (all in
Africa) I think there's also been some similar studies done for Europe,
although I suppose you need some BIG floods before SEVIRI can see them at
high latitude!

Cheers,
Simon

**