Topics

re- cma

duncan

Just as a precaution here is a copy of my recv-channels. As i only receive a small portion of the data compaired to others i am wondering as Ian said "my ramdisk is filling up fast" if i may after all this time of recieving the data i may have something wrong here any comments would be apreciated. Best Regards Duncan

recv-channels.ini - TelliCast+TelliVision Client channel configuration file
#
# 2-4-3 10-10-2005
#
[EUMETSAT Data Channel 1]
target_directory=received

[EUMETSAT Data Channel 2]
target_directory=received

[EUMETSAT Data Channel 3]
target_directory=received

[EUMETSAT Data Channel 4]
target_directory=received

[EUMETSAT Data Channel 11]
target_directory=received

Metop AVHRR
[EPS-10]
target_directory=received\EPS-10

NOAA 19 GAC
[EPS-15]
target_directory=received\EPS-15

# target_directory: Directory for received files. The target_directory name
# is relative to the current working directory.
# syntax: target_directory=<directory>
# default: received

tmp_directory=receiving/tmp/files
# tmp_directory: If this parameter is given tc-recv will internally
# store/compose all received files within the given directory and
# later move them to the target directory.
# While this option requires an additional move operation it
# guarantees that all files appearing in the target directory are
# fully written to the file system.
# syntax: tmp_directory=<directory>
# default: undefined=off, but default value may be redefined in
# recv.ini

# Section per channel or channel group identified by channel name (wildcard
# "*" allowed at end of name)

#activate_ftp_forwarding=1
# activate_ftp_forwarding: Will activate FTP forwarding for the correctly
# received files according to the recv.ini [ftp_forwarding]
# parameters.
# syntax: activate_ftp_forwarding=<value of range>
# range: 0/1
# default: 0=off

#tmp_directory=receiving/tmp/files
# tmp_directory: If this parameter is given tc-recv will internally
# store/compose all received files within the given directory and
# later move them to the target directory.
# While this option requires an additional move operation it
# guarantees that all files appearing in the target directory are
# fully written to the file system.
# syntax: tmp_directory=<directory>
# default: undefined=off, but default value may be redefined in
# recv.ini

#tmp_prefix=.
# tmp_prefix: Like tmp_directory, but files are composed within the final
# target directories but stored with the given prefix in front of
# the normal filenames until the files are fully written.
# syntax: tmp_prefix=<file name start>
# default: undefined=off, but default value may be redefined in
# recv.ini

#tmp_suffix=.tmp
# tmp_suffix: Like tmp_prefix, but adding a suffix to the normal filenames
# until the files are fully written.
# syntax: tmp_suffix=<file suffix>
# default: undefined=off, but default value may be redefined in
# recv.ini

Alan Sewards

Duncan,
Line Metop AVHRR should be commented, like #Metop AVHRR
line NOAA 19 GAC should be commented, like #NOAA 19 GAC.

I'm not sure if it is obligatory, but I use a temp_directory= xxx line for each of the channels, where xxx is receiving&#92;tmp for those channels where your target directory is received, and receiving&#92;EPS-10 etc for the others. Also I don't know where these files are installed as you do not give the path - are your files in a root directory or in the Business TV-IP directory?

And finally, please punctuate your postings. They are difficult to read with no full stops and no paragraphing.

Best regards - Alan S

On 02/03/2011 5:26 PM, Duncan Edwards wrote:
[...]

target_directory=received&#92;EPS-10

NOAA 19 GAC
[EPS-15]
target_directory=received&#92;EPS-15

--
Alan Sewards
email: alan@...

geoffreygee90

Alan

In rec channels.ini the line Metop AVHRR is not commented . Is this relevant to my troubles ?

No useful news from Eumetsat as yet..

Best Regards.....Geoffrey

Hans-Joachim Empel

In rec.channels.ini the METOP AVHRR is EPS10.

My rec channels.ini looks like this :

[EPS-10]
target_directory=D : EPS-10
tmp_directory=D : received / tmp