Topics

derfag

duncan

Hi Could anyone please advise on which defrag program to use . At this time i am running Smart Defrag2 but since this was installed i seem to have an issue with occasional missing segments. Any Help would be apreciated.
Best Regards Duncan

Robert Moore

I have run MSTdefrag for some time now - no trouble, works very effectively.

Robert

--- In MSG-1@..., "Duncan Edwards" <sueandunc@...> wrote:

Hi Could anyone please advise on which defrag program to use . At this time i am running Smart Defrag2 but since this was installed i seem to have an issue with occasional missing segments. Any Help would be apreciated.
Best Regards Duncan

James Brown

In message <ikddc9+klb5@...>, Duncan Edwards <sueandunc@...> writes
Hi Could anyone please advise on which defrag program to use . At this time i am running Smart Defrag2 but since this was installed i seem to have an issue with occasional missing segments. Any Help would be apreciated.
Best Regards Duncan
Hello Duncan
I'm using smartdefrag2 on a Windows 7 64bit machine - and don't see missing segments. The prog runs on auto-defrag with a RAM drive excluded, and the defrag timer (for no CPU usage) set to minimum. This way it does a defrag about every three hours.

I used MST as well in the past which worked fine - but the older one wasn't suitable for a modern machine.

Can you see from the log if there is a correlation between the defrag times and the missing segments?

Cheers

James
--
James Brown

Ian Deans

I have used Smart Defrag and Auslogics Defrag on my Windows 7 64-bit computer without any issues.

I used mstdefrag successfully for a number of years, but I am using a new
( and not to be released ) Tellicast client 2.5.17 and mstdefrag causes
losses on this client as does Kaspersky Internet Security 2011.

Hi Could anyone please advise on which defrag program to use . At this time
i am running Smart Defrag2 but since this was installed i seem to have an
issue with occasional missing segments. Any Help would be apreciated.
Best Regards Duncan

Alan Banks <alan@...>

Like Ian, I use Auslogics Defrag. Used to use MSTDefrag but ran into problems with version number and it would crash.
I schedule defrag once every 24 hrs, on a PC that receives MSG2, MSG1, Metop, Modis, AVHRR plus 2 iterations MSGDM, MSGAnimator, GSS jobs and Microsoft Essentials, Win XP Pro SP3.
No losses.

Alan