Signal Quality

Ian Deans <isdeans1.-_@...>

I noticed this morning losses on Metop / Met-9 and RSS at approx. 11.10 / 11.15 UTC. I was out at the time so was not monitoring, but I am now seeing my signal quality very much reduced and varying a great deal ( down over 25% at times ).

The weather here is overcast with slight drizzle, but that would not cause the reductions I am seeing. Have to assume that the weather conditions in Germany are causing the problems.

Robert Denton

--- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, "Ian Deans" <isdeans1.-_@...> wrote:

I noticed this morning losses on Metop / Met-9 and RSS at approx. 11.10 /
11.15 UTC. I was out at the time so was not monitoring, but I am now
seeing my signal quality very much reduced and varying a great deal ( down
over 25% at times ).

The weather here is overcast with slight drizzle, but that would not cause
the reductions I am seeing. Have to assume that the weather conditions in
Germany are causing the problems.

Ian,
My turn to return the message :o) The same is happening here, but hot and sunny here,just been out to check my dish/lnb which check out fine but system is showing the same symptoms as yours. You are not alone!
Best Wishes
Rob.

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

Ian Deans wrote:
I noticed this morning losses on Metop / Met-9 and RSS at approx.
11.10 /
11.15 UTC. I was out at the time so was not monitoring, but I am now
seeing my signal quality very much reduced and varying a great deal (
down over 25% at times ).

The weather here is overcast with slight drizzle, but that would not
cause the reductions I am seeing. Have to assume that the weather
conditions in Germany are causing the problems.

Indeed, Ian. Bad weather in Stuttgart has been reported, and the Europe-wide view of EUMETCast shows that we are all seeing dropouts:

http://www.satsignal.eu/mrtg/EumetcastEurope.html

Web: www.satsignal.eu
Email: davidtaylor@writeme.com

Douglas Deans <dsdeans@...>

I noticed this morning losses on Metop / Met-9 and RSS at approx.
11.10 /
11.15 UTC. I was out at the time so was not monitoring, but I am now
seeing my signal quality very much reduced and varying a great deal (
down over 25% at times ).

The weather here is overcast with slight drizzle, but that would not
cause the reductions I am seeing. Have to assume that the weather
conditions in Germany are causing the problems.

Indeed, Ian. Bad weather in Stuttgart has been reported, and the
Europe-wide view of EUMETCast shows that we are all seeing dropouts:

http://www.satsignal.eu/mrtg/EumetcastEurope.html

Doesn't really matter here as massive hail storms (thunder and lightning) have put my system out for nearly 2 hours so far.
All my garden efforts in the past few months wrecked with rain and hail intensities I really haven't seen here before.
No wind (virtually in a col at the moment) so it appears to be seated over us.

nigel

On Mon, 15 Jun 2009 13:26:31 +0100
"Douglas Deans" <dsdeans@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

Doesn't really matter here as massive hail storms (thunder and
lightning) have put my system out for nearly 2 hours so far.
All my garden efforts in the past few months wrecked with rain and
hail intensities I really haven't seen here before.
No wind (virtually in a col at the moment) so it appears to be seated
over us.

Sorry to hear about your gardening "disaster" Douglas. Very
frustrating, to put it mildly. Not the words you used, I guess?

This shows the extent of the storm you've been having:-
http://www.blitzortung.org/DF/Webpages/index.php?station=2&mode=0&map=5&lang=e

and this lot over Germany:-
http://www.blitzortung.org/DF/Webpages/index.php?station=2&mode=0&map=0&lang=e

I had the same loss of signal here, with a clear blue sky and, as Rob
says, ground like hardened concrete!

regards
Nigel