DVBWorld


geojohnt@...
 

In a message dated 19/05/2009 13:11:06 GMT Daylight Time, rsmoore@liv.ac.uk
writes:

I have signal strength 75 and quality 45% - both in red.


Hello Robert,

Now I don't want to worry you - but if your signal readout graphs are red -
you have a problem if the software is setup for EUROBIRD-9A.

If your dish is pointed at 9 degrees E and your DVB satellite set-up tab
left window is set to eurobird-9 at 9 degrees E (they don't have a setting
for '9A' as such) and you have 11977 H 27500 set in the other window when you
scan transponder you should get green signal readouts.

If you do 'scan transponder' media broadcast should appear in the channel
list and you can double click this to receive the colour bars - that will
tell you, you are receiving EUROBIRD-9A.

Regards,
John.


Robert Moore
 

I have installed my DVBWorld USB box 'by the book'. All the settings are as they should be. But at the very last step pressing the IP tab does not change the red button to green.
I have signal strength 75 and quality 45% - both in red.
All the correct PIDs.
Anyone else had this?

Robert


Robert Moore
 

Thanks John, the scan produced a whole list of channels and a signal strength of 96% and quality 59%. So have I missed something i that list or is Eumetcast not listed? The standby button is still red.

Robert



Telephone and fax: 44 (0) 1352 714456

--- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, geojohnt@... wrote:


In a message dated 19/05/2009 13:11:06 GMT Daylight Time, rsmoore@...
writes:

I have signal strength 75 and quality 45% - both in red.


Hello Robert,

Now I don't want to worry you - but if your signal readout graphs are red -
you have a problem if the software is setup for EUROBIRD-9A.

If your dish is pointed at 9 degrees E and your DVB satellite set-up tab
left window is set to eurobird-9 at 9 degrees E (they don't have a setting
for '9A' as such) and you have 11977 H 27500 set in the other window when you
scan transponder you should get green signal readouts.

If you do 'scan transponder' media broadcast should appear in the channel
list and you can double click this to receive the colour bars - that will
tell you, you are receiving EUROBIRD-9A.

Regards,
John.





[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]


Ian Deans <isdeans1.-_@...>
 

Robert if you scanned transponder 11977 H on Eurobird 9A you should get
approx. 12 channels, with only one being FTA ( free to air ). That channel
is Testbild and as the name implies is a testcard and that will confirm that
you are on the correct satellite.

If you are getting a whole load of TV channels that does not include
Testbild it would suggest you are on the wrong satellite. If you let me
know a couple of the channels you are getting I will likely be able to
determine the satellite you are pointing at, the most likely being 13� E.

Regards
Ian.


--------------------------------------------------
From: "Robert Moore" <rsmoore@liv.ac.uk>
Sent: Tuesday, May 19, 2009 3:15 PM
To: <MSG-1@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [MSG-1] Re: DVBWorld

Thanks John, the scan produced a whole list of channels and a signal
strength of 96% and quality 59%. So have I missed something i that list or
is Eumetcast not listed? The standby button is still red.

Robert


Robert Moore
 

John I am indeed getting a whole load of channels - a high proportion of which seem to be encrypted channels of sex films. But amongst the free to air are: Divine TV, FTV HD, HADI, HAYATONA. BTW before moving on to the box I hard perfect Eumetcast reception -- so surely I'm pointing at the correct satellite?
As it wasn't broke I suppose it serves me right for fixing it!

Robert

--- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, "Ian Deans" <isdeans1.-_@...> wrote:

Robert if you scanned transponder 11977 H on Eurobird 9A you should get
approx. 12 channels, with only one being FTA ( free to air ). That channel
is Testbild and as the name implies is a testcard and that will confirm that
you are on the correct satellite.

If you are getting a whole load of TV channels that does not include
Testbild it would suggest you are on the wrong satellite. If you let me
know a couple of the channels you are getting I will likely be able to
determine the satellite you are pointing at, the most likely being 13º E.

Regards
Ian.


--------------------------------------------------
From: "Robert Moore" <rsmoore@...>
Sent: Tuesday, May 19, 2009 3:15 PM
To: <MSG-1@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [MSG-1] Re: DVBWorld

Thanks John, the scan produced a whole list of channels and a signal
strength of 96% and quality 59%. So have I missed something i that list or
is Eumetcast not listed? The standby button is still red.

Robert


Robert Moore
 

Further to my last John; I _do_ have Testbild in my long list of channels - and it gives a test card (vertical coloured stripes). Also of interest, I can't get Sat config to accept horizontal polarisation - it always reverts to vertical with the message 'The same transponder aleady exist' (sic)

Robert

--- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, "Ian Deans" <isdeans1.-_@...> wrote:

Robert if you scanned transponder 11977 H on Eurobird 9A you should get
approx. 12 channels, with only one being FTA ( free to air ). That channel
is Testbild and as the name implies is a testcard and that will confirm that
you are on the correct satellite.

If you are getting a whole load of TV channels that does not include
Testbild it would suggest you are on the wrong satellite. If you let me
know a couple of the channels you are getting I will likely be able to
determine the satellite you are pointing at, the most likely being 13º E.

Regards
Ian.


--------------------------------------------------
From: "Robert Moore" <rsmoore@...>
Sent: Tuesday, May 19, 2009 3:15 PM
To: <MSG-1@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [MSG-1] Re: DVBWorld

Thanks John, the scan produced a whole list of channels and a signal
strength of 96% and quality 59%. So have I missed something i that list or
is Eumetcast not listed? The standby button is still red.

Robert


David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺
 

Robert Moore wrote:
Further to my last John; I _do_ have Testbild in my long list of
channels - and it gives a test card (vertical coloured stripes). Also
of interest, I can't get Sat config to accept horizontal polarisation
- it always reverts to vertical with the message 'The same
transponder aleady exist' (sic)

Robert
Robert,

I'm not too familiar with this problem, but it sounds like you have multiple transponders configured. Were I in this situation, I might be inclined to copy the files suggested in the EUMETSAT Eurobird-9A update from last year:

____________________________________________________
3. Dexatek (or DVB World) USB boxes

stop the Dexatek application

- copy the following files
IPLinkData.link
IPData.dat
SatTPList.dat
to
C:&#92;<program file directory>&#92;Dexatek

- Start the Dexatek application and select the new transponder entry TP4 in the IP data configuration.

____________________________________________________


I note that on the Dexatek software, at least, it's TP14 and not TP4.

Cheers,
David
--
SatSignal software - quality software written to your requirements
Web: www.satsignal.eu
Email: davidtaylor@writeme.com


Ian Deans <isdeans1.-_@...>
 

Robert re my last mail to you ( not from John !!! ) the Sat cofig is
determined by the channel you have selected above. I run a Dexatek Box
which is identical, but the software is presented differently so channel
selection on your software might be in a different position. If you select
channel 11977 H the polarisation should automatically show horizontal. I
cannot see how selecting 11977 would show vertical.

I suspect Robert with your long list of channels you have scanned the entire
satellite. The encrypted sex channels are on 12092 H and 12074 H. All you
needed to do was scan 11977 H. to get the Testbild channel.

Make sure on your Sat config that Eurobird 9 or 9A is shown and that the
transponder is TP14 11977 which should show the polarisation setting as
Horizontal.

Regards
Ian.


--------------------------------------------------
From: "Robert Moore" <rsmoore@liv.ac.uk>
Sent: Tuesday, May 19, 2009 3:57 PM
To: <MSG-1@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [MSG-1] Re: DVBWorld

Further to my last John; I _do_ have Testbild in my long list of
channels - and it gives a test card (vertical coloured stripes). Also of
interest, I can't get Sat config to accept horizontal polarisation - it
always reverts to vertical with the message 'The same transponder aleady
exist' (sic)

Robert



--- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, "Ian Deans" <isdeans1.-_@...> wrote:

Robert if you scanned transponder 11977 H on Eurobird 9A you should get
approx. 12 channels, with only one being FTA ( free to air ). That
channel
is Testbild and as the name implies is a testcard and that will confirm
that
you are on the correct satellite.

If you are getting a whole load of TV channels that does not include
Testbild it would suggest you are on the wrong satellite. If you let me
know a couple of the channels you are getting I will likely be able to
determine the satellite you are pointing at, the most likely being 13� E.

Regards
Ian.


Robert Moore
 

Thanks Ian - I did spot the address error but it hardly seemed worth another email to correct it. Thanks also for the earlier message.
Some real problems here then; suspect something wrong with my configuration. The only channel I have at 11977H is TP11.
Setting this give me Testbild and 12 other channels.
Robert

--- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, "Ian Deans" <isdeans1.-_@...> wrote:

Robert re my last mail to you ( not from John !!! ) the Sat cofig is
determined by the channel you have selected above. I run a Dexatek Box
which is identical, but the software is presented differently so channel
selection on your software might be in a different position. If you select
channel 11977 H the polarisation should automatically show horizontal. I
cannot see how selecting 11977 would show vertical.

I suspect Robert with your long list of channels you have scanned the entire
satellite. The encrypted sex channels are on 12092 H and 12074 H. All you
needed to do was scan 11977 H. to get the Testbild channel.

Make sure on your Sat config that Eurobird 9 or 9A is shown and that the
transponder is TP14 11977 which should show the polarisation setting as
Horizontal.

Regards
Ian.


--------------------------------------------------
From: "Robert Moore" <rsmoore@...>
Sent: Tuesday, May 19, 2009 3:57 PM
To: <MSG-1@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [MSG-1] Re: DVBWorld

Further to my last John; I _do_ have Testbild in my long list of
channels - and it gives a test card (vertical coloured stripes). Also of
interest, I can't get Sat config to accept horizontal polarisation - it
always reverts to vertical with the message 'The same transponder aleady
exist' (sic)

Robert



--- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, "Ian Deans" <isdeans1.-_@> wrote:

Robert if you scanned transponder 11977 H on Eurobird 9A you should get
approx. 12 channels, with only one being FTA ( free to air ). That
channel
is Testbild and as the name implies is a testcard and that will confirm
that
you are on the correct satellite.

If you are getting a whole load of TV channels that does not include
Testbild it would suggest you are on the wrong satellite. If you let me
know a couple of the channels you are getting I will likely be able to
determine the satellite you are pointing at, the most likely being 13º E.

Regards
Ian.


David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺
 

Robert Moore wrote:
Thanks Ian - I did spot the address error but it hardly seemed worth
another email to correct it. Thanks also for the earlier message.
Some real problems here then; suspect something wrong with my
configuration. The only channel I have at 11977H is TP11.
Setting this give me Testbild and 12 other channels.
Robert
Robert,

If you have the Testbild OK, then you should be able to start the IP. The IP should be shown as being on the same transponder (11977MHz H), but on the Dexatek software at least, the numbering is separate (in the right-hand box) and starts from TP1 as you add in IP transponders. If you can't start the IP, I would check that you have the right IP transponder configured.

Cheers,
David
--
SatSignal software - quality software written to your requirements
Web: www.satsignal.eu
Email: davidtaylor@writeme.com


geojohnt@...
 

Hello Robert,

Just to say sorry for leaving you high and dry yesterday following my
'you've got problems' posting I had to go out.
I was though sure you had been receiving EUMETCast via a SkyStar card
previously so your dish must have been on 9 E.

Thanks to Ian and David for taking over.
Just to confirm and for those configuring the DVBWorld software manually
you first have to select 'Eurobird-9 at 9 E' in the left hand side slots of
the Sat Config page [having clicked the spanner on the opening page]then
select TP14_11977_H_27500 in the top slot list on the right hand side page -
which will fill in the other boxes automatically.
By then clicking on Scan TP on the right hand side it will download the
channels on this transponder only - one of which will be Testbild - and fill
the window on the left-hand side of the opening page.
Double clicking Testbild will show media broadcast colour bars and test
tone - which can be rather reassuring.

You should now have green signal level graphs.

As David said, you now need to set the IP reception on the IP Config page.
Again you have selection on the left and right hand sides.
Select Eurobird 9 at 9 E (if not already selected)
Scroll down the list in the box below and select TP14 11977 27500 H34 and
you will be able 'send' this to the right-hand box and click 'Apply'

However, doing all this manually instead of via EUMETSAT's CD configuration
you would then need to manually enter the required PID's - which is a bit
time consuming as they have to entered one by one.
But it's not difficult.

That's the end of my knowledge - your problem appears to be IP addresses
'within' your computer which confuses me (and made even more complex with
Vista! (grin)) though Ian and David are obviously (and others) are dab hands
at this.

Or, perhaps, just a case of correct sequence of software installation?

Regards,
John.


Robert Moore
 

Thanks John, I think I'll settle for your last point 'sequence of software installation' and have a go at this later today.

BTW I have TP14_12034_V_27500 and TP11_11977_H_27500 so I am receiving on TP11 at present.

Robert

--- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, geojohnt@... wrote:

Hello Robert,

Just to say sorry for leaving you high and dry yesterday following my
'you've got problems' posting I had to go out.
I was though sure you had been receiving EUMETCast via a SkyStar card
previously so your dish must have been on 9 E.

Thanks to Ian and David for taking over.
Just to confirm and for those configuring the DVBWorld software manually
you first have to select 'Eurobird-9 at 9 E' in the left hand side slots of
the Sat Config page [having clicked the spanner on the opening page]then
select TP14_11977_H_27500 in the top slot list on the right hand side page -
which will fill in the other boxes automatically.
By then clicking on Scan TP on the right hand side it will download the
channels on this transponder only - one of which will be Testbild - and fill
the window on the left-hand side of the opening page.
Double clicking Testbild will show media broadcast colour bars and test
tone - which can be rather reassuring.

You should now have green signal level graphs.

As David said, you now need to set the IP reception on the IP Config page.
Again you have selection on the left and right hand sides.
Select Eurobird 9 at 9 E (if not already selected)
Scroll down the list in the box below and select TP14 11977 27500 H34 and
you will be able 'send' this to the right-hand box and click 'Apply'

However, doing all this manually instead of via EUMETSAT's CD configuration
you would then need to manually enter the required PID's - which is a bit
time consuming as they have to entered one by one.
But it's not difficult.

That's the end of my knowledge - your problem appears to be IP addresses
'within' your computer which confuses me (and made even more complex with
Vista! (grin)) though Ian and David are obviously (and others) are dab hands
at this.

Or, perhaps, just a case of correct sequence of software installation?

Regards,
John.





[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]


geojohnt@...
 

In a message dated 20/05/2009 11:13:59 GMT Daylight Time, rsmoore@liv.ac.uk
writes:

BTW I have TP14_12034_V_27500 and TP11_11977_H_27500 so I am receiving on
TP11 at present.


Robert,

Now I'm really confused.

Regards,
John.


Robert Moore
 

Well John, this is the way it comes up on my screen - and it had me confused for ages until I spotted that TP14 was not giving me the right polarisation. Then I noticed the wrong frequency!
Anyhow I'm about to uninstall and reinstall Eumetcast software and EKU, my most recent disk says 'EUMETCast Client Software V 5.0' thogh the readme file says the software is V 2.4.4b. So I guess this is the one to use.

Robert

--- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, geojohnt@... wrote:


In a message dated 20/05/2009 11:13:59 GMT Daylight Time, rsmoore@...
writes:

BTW I have TP14_12034_V_27500 and TP11_11977_H_27500 so I am receiving on
TP11 at present.


Robert,

Now I'm really confused.

Regards,
John.




[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]


Robert Moore
 

Some clarity has emerged now John; I uninstalled and reinstalled everything in the correct order. All the TP numbers sorted themselves out and I am now on TP14.
Doh! I forgot that reinstalling would over-write the recv-channels.ini file. Luckily I had an old backup so that file is rewritten now and I have a pink T on white. But where are the data going? Nothing in the folders designated by the *.ini file yet. Tellicast says that the only active channel is the TSL announcement channel. Also my RAMdisk is empty. Perhaps DVBworld has not found the RAMdisk?
Must be nearly there now, though.

Robert


David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺
 

Robert Moore wrote:
Some clarity has emerged now John; I uninstalled and reinstalled
everything in the correct order. All the TP numbers sorted themselves
out and I am now on TP14.
Doh! I forgot that reinstalling would over-write the
recv-channels.ini file. Luckily I had an old backup so that file is
rewritten now and I have a pink T on white. But where are the data
going? Nothing in the folders designated by the *.ini file yet.
Tellicast says that the only active channel is the TSL announcement
channel. Also my RAMdisk is empty. Perhaps DVBworld has not found the
RAMdisk? Must be nearly there now, though.

Robert
Robert,

The RAMdisk has nothing to do with the DVB World software (or the SkyStar software), it is only needed for the TelliCast software.

Once you know the drive letter of your RAMdisk (check with Windows Explorer), you need to edit the recv.ini file accordingly. If you are getting no data, check your user ID and password. Check the TelliCast log file. Check that the eToken is working correctly.

Good luck.

Cheers,
David
--
SatSignal software - quality software written to your requirements
Web: www.satsignal.eu
Email: davidtaylor@writeme.com


Robert Moore
 

Thanks David - you pointed me to my error; I had assumed that when I installed software my ID and password were added to recv.ini in an encrypted format. But an old backup file showed that I had to add ID and password myself.
Data now flowing OK (though not all of it yet!)
Robert


David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺
 

Robert Moore wrote:
Thanks David - you pointed me to my error; I had assumed that when I
installed software my ID and password were added to recv.ini in an
encrypted format. But an old backup file showed that I had to add ID
and password myself. Data now flowing OK (though not all of it yet!)
Robert
That's good, Robert. Quite why there has to be that confusion in the first place isn't quite clear to me, but, oh well!

Cheers,
David
--
SatSignal software - quality software written to your requirements
Web: www.satsignal.eu
Email: davidtaylor@writeme.com