Signal Quality

geojohnt@...

errect00@yahoo.co.uk writes:

i an using the new dvb usb2 box from geo shop i think it may be i am not
on 9 degrees east exactly for eurobird 9

Hi,

Signal quality is the important reading and should be optimised by accurate
alignment of the dish and LNB skew.
The signal strength readout is really only helpful for initial satellite
finding dish alignment.

I think you are receiving the media broadcast colour bars test card so you
could very gently tweak the dish alignment and LNB skew (not at the same
time) for maximum signal quality readout.

cosmosgeo <errect00@...>

hello john,

i an using the new dvb usb2 box from geo shop i think it may be i am not on 9 degrees east exactly for eurobird 9

regards

--- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, geojohnt@... wrote:

errect00@... writes:

Quick piece of advice please i am running a 90cm dish with a universal
0.1db lnb low loss cable and a dvb usb2 box when i lock onto the correct TP i
get 100% signal stength but cannot get above 59% signal quality even when
slewing the lnb this does not change,

Hi,

As Arne says if you are not seeing any errors there may not be a problem.

However, I am in SW London and using an 85 cm dish and 0.2 dB LNB into a
DVBWorld USB box and get signal strength 70% and signal quality 100%.

I am surprised at your read-outs - which DVB box are you using.

geojohnt@...

errect00@yahoo.co.uk writes:

Quick piece of advice please i am running a 90cm dish with a universal
0.1db lnb low loss cable and a dvb usb2 box when i lock onto the correct TP i
get 100% signal stength but cannot get above 59% signal quality even when
slewing the lnb this does not change,

Hi,

As Arne says if you are not seeing any errors there may not be a problem.

However, I am in SW London and using an 85 cm dish and 0.2 dB LNB into a
DVBWorld USB box and get signal strength 70% and signal quality 100%.

I am surprised at your read-outs - which DVB box are you using.

cosmosgeo <errect00@...>

hello arne,

south coast Uk 50'50N 000.01W

regards

--- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, "a_van_belle" <a.van.belle@...> wrote:

What is your location ? (For Cyprus or Norway, 59% is quite good !)
What signal quality readings do you have on 13 or 19.2 degrees East ?

The receivers we use do not have calibrated scales, as long as there are no errors, all may be fine.

A LNB better than 0.1 dB is hard to find but some brands may quote their figures a bit optimistic.

Greetings,
Arne van Belle

--- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, "cosmosgeo" <errect00@> wrote:

Hello everyone,

Quick piece of advice please i am running a 90cm dish with a universal 0.1db lnb low loss cable and a dvb usb2 box when i lock onto the correct TP i get 100% signal stength but cannot get above 59% signal quality even when slewing the lnb this does not change, when ip activated i am running at 1300.00kb/s and have no errors which is good i guess but 59% seems a low signal quality figure, my only thoughts are too purchase a better LNB? what do you guys think.

Many thanks

a_van_belle