SkyStar PCI card and Windows 7?

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁒󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡Ί

Has anyone been abel to get a SkyStar PCI card to work with Windows 7 beta? Whatever I do, I keep getting eith Can't start driver (error 10), or the card isn't recognised as a network card. Tried 4.4.1 and 4.5.0a drivers.....

Seems to work OK with a DVB World box, though, and the usual SatSignal Software suite.

Thanks,
Web: www.satsignal.eu
Email: davidtaylor@writeme.com

Robert Denton

--- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, "David J Taylor" <gm8arv@...> wrote:

Has anyone been abel to get a SkyStar PCI card to work with Windows 7
beta?
Good Morning David,
Running Skystar2 PCI v2.6d with Windows 7.0.5730.13 with no problem.
Tellicast 2.4.4b drivers.The card has always seemed to work with ALL versions of Windows.If you need more info just let me know.
Best Wishes
Rob.

brekaman wrote:
--- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, "David J Taylor" <gm8arv@...> wrote:

Has anyone been abel to get a SkyStar PCI card to work with Windows 7
beta?
Good Morning David,
Running Skystar2 PCI v2.6d with Windows 7.0.5730.13 with no problem.
Tellicast 2.4.4b drivers.The card has always seemed to work with ALL
versions of Windows.If you need more info just let me know. Best
Wishes
Rob.
Precisely which version of the SkyStar drivers installed correctly? I'm testing Windows 7 build 7100, and both 4.4.1 and 4.5.0a SkyStar drivers fail to install.

George Miller

Good Morning David
I also run Windows 7 Build 7000.When installing a spare Skycard2 with Drivers ver4.2 2 b I get an error message
Unsupported O/S

Regards
George Miller

brekaman wrote:
--- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, "David J Taylor" <gm8arv@> wrote:

Has anyone been abel to get a SkyStar PCI card to work with Windows 7
beta?
Good Morning David,
Running Skystar2 PCI v2.6d with Windows 7.0.5730.13 with no problem.
Tellicast 2.4.4b drivers.The card has always seemed to work with ALL
versions of Windows.If you need more info just let me know. Best
Wishes
Rob.
Precisely which version of the SkyStar drivers installed correctly? I'm
testing Windows 7 build 7100, and both 4.4.1 and 4.5.0a SkyStar drivers
fail to install.

Ver 4.3.0.a, I have also used a later version which worked, I'll see if I can dig it out.
Rob.

Alan Sewards

Rob,
Windows 7.0.5730.13 is a version of Internet Explorer, NOT Windows 7 Operating System. You are probably running Windows XP.

Best regards - Alan

brekaman wrote:

--- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, Alan Sewards <alan@...> wrote:

Rob,
Windows 7.0.5730.13 is a version of Internet Explorer, NOT Windows 7
Operating System. You are probably running Windows XP.

Best regards - Alan
Oops,
Sorry If I mislead anyone, you are right Alan, I'm on XP Pro.It's those pesky painkillers again, just can't think straight. I think I will lay off the emails for a while until I get a bit better.
Best Wishes
Rob.

brekaman wrote:
--- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, Alan Sewards <alan@...> wrote:
Rob,
Windows 7.0.5730.13 is a version of Internet Explorer, NOT
Windows 7 Operating System. You are probably running Windows XP.
Best regards - Alan
Oops,
Sorry If I mislead anyone, you are right Alan, I'm on XP Pro.It's
those pesky painkillers again, just can't think straight. I think I
will lay off the emails for a while until I get a bit better. Best
Wishes Rob.
Thanks, Rob. No problem.

George Miller wrote:
Good Morning David
I also run Windows 7 Build 7000.When installing a spare Skycard2 with
Drivers ver4.2 2 b I get an error message Unsupported O/S

Regards
George Miller
George,

Yes, there was an error with one of the versions where it was supposed to ask for XP SP2 or higher, but failed if you have XP SP3 installed. With both 4.4.1 and 4.5.0a I get an Error Code 10 (viewing in Device Manager).

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943104/

Some have reported sucess with the 4.4.3-beta, but that was with the Windows-7 beta, not the current RC version.

BTW: there is a public download of Windows 7 Release Candidate due to be available tomorrow. Lasts for a year.

Web: www.satsignal.eu
Email: davidtaylor@writeme.com

Prem Holdaway <phold@...>

David,

If you uncheck the only show compatible drivers. You will find under be to
see to a driver that seems to work. I have version 4.5.0a which does seem
to be running. Also the tc-recev seems to run. So far I have been unable
to get either version of the EKU software to run.

I've also had the DVB-world box running out again not the EKU software.

Prem Holdaway
phold@ukonline.co.uk

I also run Windows 7 Build 7000.When installing a spare Skycard2 with
Drivers ver4.2 2 b I get an error message Unsupported O/S

Regards
George Miller
George,

Yes, there was an error with one of the versions where it was supposed to
ask for XP SP2 or higher, but failed if you have XP SP3 installed. With
both 4.4.1 and 4.5.0a I get an Error Code 10 (viewing in Device Manager).

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943104/

Some have reported sucess with the 4.4.3-beta, but that was with the
Windows-7 beta, not the current RC version.

BTW: there is a public download of Windows 7 Release Candidate due to be
available tomorrow. Lasts for a year.

Web: www.satsignal.eu
Email: davidtaylor@writeme.com

Prem Holdaway <phold@...>

David,

If you uncheck the only show compatible drivers. You will find under b2c2 a
driver that seems to work. I have version 4.5.0a which does seem to be
running. Also the tc-recev seems to run. So far I have been unable to get
either version of the EKU software to run.

I've also had the DVB-world box running out again not the EKU software.

Don't know what happened to the B2C2, but it didn't seem to download right.

Prem Holdaway
phold@ukonline.co.uk

a_van_belle

On

http://www.skystar.org/comment.php?dlid=3898&ENGINEsessID=894e5d8fda7cc03eb8fba79a8f809439

they say:

"About Windows 7 to Technisat PCI/USB WDM Driver Users !

If you see "device has a problem" message after driver install, please install v.4.4.0 driver first! then install 4.5.0 driver..With this method it should work on Win7..(Tested) "

Others say you need to use the BDA driver but this may not offer any data service capabilities.

Greetings,
Arne van Belle

Prem Holdaway wrote:
David,

If you uncheck the only show compatible drivers. You will find under
b2c2 to see to a driver that seems to work. I have version 4.5.0a
which does seem to be running. Also the tc-recev seems to run. So
far I have been unable to get either version of the EKU software to
run.

I've also had the DVB-world box running out again not the EKU
software.

Prem Holdaway
phold@ukonline.co.uk
Prem, thanks for that. Where do you see the "only show..." message - from an automatic detection of the device at startup, or something in Device Manager?

The 32-bit eToken software installed for me without problems, to the default location, and using the file:

PKIClient-x32-4.5_signed.msi 10,693KB, 28/06/2007

This with build 7100 - the Release Candidate version.

Where is this B2C2 directory or driver?

a_van_belle wrote:
On

http://www.skystar.org/comment.php?dlid=3898&ENGINEsessID=894e5d8fda7cc03eb8fba79a8f809439

they say:

"About Windows 7 to Technisat PCI/USB WDM Driver Users !

If you see "device has a problem" message after driver install,
please install v.4.4.0 driver first! then install 4.5.0 driver..With
this method it should work on Win7..(Tested) "

Others say you need to use the BDA driver but this may not offer any
data service capabilities.

Greetings,
Arne van Belle
Thanks for that, Arne. I will have a try, although I have a different version of Windows 7- the release candidate version 7100, which everyone can download from tomorrow.

Web: www.satsignal.eu
Email: davidtaylor@writeme.com

Prem Holdaway <phold@...>

Yes David. Go in to device manager and find a reference to the TechniSat
card and click on update drivers. Do not let Windows automatically search.
You will eventually come to the Windows compatible devices window. If you
uncheck the show compatible drivers. A list of possible vendors will come
up. Choose the B2C2 and select the only listed driver.

I did manage to get the PKIClient-x32-4.5_signed.msi 10,693KB, 28/06/2007
to load. But all I get with the T. Icon is the yellow connecting, and it
goes no further.

Sorry for being a bit vague on the directions for finding the driver, but
I'm back on my XP disc and would have to plug-in the Windows 7 disc, which
at the moment. I have not set up the e-mailing on.

I hope you manage to get it working, because I've been struggling for
months, and I did promise Eumetsat that I would let them know once I had.

Prem Holdaway
phold@ukonline.co.uk

Prem Holdaway wrote:
Yes David. Go in to device manager and find a reference to the
TechniSat card and click on update drivers. Do not let Windows
automatically search. You will eventually come to the Windows
compatible devices window. If you uncheck the show compatible
drivers. A list of possible vendors will come up. Choose the B2C2
and select the only listed driver.
OK, thanks. Is the B2C2 driver one you have installed, or one built into Windows 7? Do you happen to know the file name, timestamp and size? If you do find that out, I would appreciate knowing.

I can get to the list of devices you mention, with a host of manufacturers of network cards, but no B2C2 device seems to be listed for any of them!

I did manage to get the PKIClient-x32-4.5_signed.msi 10,693KB,
28/06/2007 to load. But all I get with the T. Icon is the yellow
connecting, and it goes no further.

Sorry for being a bit vague on the directions for finding the driver,
but I'm back on my XP disc and would have to plug-in the Windows 7
disc, which at the moment. I have not set up the e-mailing on.
No problem.

I hope you manage to get it working, because I've been struggling for
months, and I did promise Eumetsat that I would let them know once I
had.

Prem Holdaway
I was stuck with a yellow T icon as well for some time. I did all the network stuff I described on my Web site:

http://www.satsignal.eu/wxsat/Dexatek/ip-address.html

and was pulling my hair out, and on the point of giving up. Rebooted and all was OK! So perhaps the "permanent" route I had added didn't become effective until the reboot. Or something? The eToken icon on the taskbar has a right-click eToken properties entry which works, after allowing the .exe UAC access, and the View eToken Info button works from the properties program. Windows-7 is a bit keener on hiding some of the System tray icons, but you can right-click to turn off that behaviour via a Properties dialog.

For the next day or so I'll leave it on the DVB World box, just to get a minimum of performance data.

Web: www.satsignal.eu
Email: davidtaylor@writeme.com

Prem Holdaway <phold@...>

Hi David,

As far as I know the b2c2 was a Microsoft thing, whether it was put there by
Microsoft. In one of the numerous attempts I had trying to get the
TechniSat software to work. I don't know when I change back to Windows 7.
I will check the driver out and see if I can save a copy of it in a safe
place. As I will be downloading the release candidate and will need it. If
it's not available in the release candidate. I will let you know and give
you the details then.

Prem Holdaway
phold@ukonline.co.uk

a_van_belle wrote:
On

http://www.skystar.org/comment.php?dlid=3898&ENGINEsessID=894e5d8fda7cc03eb8fba79a8f809439

they say:

"About Windows 7 to Technisat PCI/USB WDM Driver Users !

If you see "device has a problem" message after driver install,
please install v.4.4.0 driver first! then install 4.5.0 driver..With
this method it should work on Win7..(Tested) "

Others say you need to use the BDA driver but this may not offer any
data service capabilities.

Greetings,
Arne van Belle
Thanks, Arne, but V4.4.0 produced a BSOD, and I had to go in with Safe Mode to recover. I needed to rename the bad SkyNet.sys driver, and then use admin priv to allow me to delete the other sky*.* files. Oh, well! I'm sure more will emerge before Windows-7 goes to retail.

Back on the nicely working DVB World box. Decided to try turning off the Aero stuff in case it might reduce the CPU load.

Web: www.satsignal.eu
Email: davidtaylor@writeme.com

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁒󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡Ί

Prem Holdaway wrote:
Hi David, and all,

I now know which drivers to load in the first, for the Skystar PCI
card. The version to use is 4_3_0_a. I then loaded in 4_5_0_a and it
had no problems updating the earlier drivers and all seems to work
correctly. Also the telecast drivers loaded it with no problems.
Although the PKI_client loaded in and seems to work. I still cannot
get away from the yellow T. if anybody else finds the answer before
me. Please let everybody know.
Prem, many thanks. Just to confirm that this is with the release candidate (build 7100) or is it for the earlier beta version you mentioned before?

Sorry I can't help with the yellow T-icon so far.

David. If you don't have a copy of the Skystar 4_3_0_a. Please
e-mail me your address, and I will send you a CD with them on. I
suspect they should be made available, but I do not know whether that
will be infringing TechniSat's copyright. I have also notified
TechniSat.

Prem Holdaway
phold@ukonline.co.uk
I have the 4.3.0a drivers. I think that if you know the URL you can just download them from the Technisat site - it's just that they don't publish the earlier driver URLs once they've been replaced by later versions.