From: "Ian Deans" <isdeans1.-_@tiscali.co.uk>
To: "MSG-1" <MSG-1@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Monday, April 20, 2009 2:54 PM
Subject: [MSG-1] New Metop SAF LST/DSLF Data.

Further to my mail of 18/4/09 the new Metop LST and DSLF is still missing
although as before the LAT and LON data is being sent.

I have sent a mail to LSA-SAF to query this and will contact Eumetsat if
necessary ( and depending on reply )

karel van den ende

Ian,

Thank you for your efforts.
I am interested too in these files.

Best Regards,

Karel van den Ende

Ian Deans schreef:

With reference to my mail 20/4/09 I have to confirm that I have not received
any communication from LSA-SAF. Yesterday some LST and DSLF data was
received, but it was short lived and by early afternoon only the LAT and LON
data was being sent.

I do not intend to bother Eumetsat at the moment as they have enough to deal
with, so will do without the data for the the time being. To be honest I
don't think anyone else is interested anyway.

Further to my mail of 18/4/09 the new Metop LST and DSLF is still
missing
although as before the LAT and LON data is being sent.

I have sent a mail to LSA-SAF to query this and will contact Eumetsat if
necessary ( and depending on reply )

__________ Informatie van ESET NOD32 Antivirus, versie van database viruskenmerken 4026 (20090421) __________

Het bericht is gecontroleerd door ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

Folks,

I noticed that the Metop LSA-SAF products stopped with the 16:52 data on May 16. Just me, or did anyone else see this as well?

Thanks,
Web: www.satsignal.eu
Email: davidtaylor@writeme.com

Ian Deans <isdeans1.-_@...>

Yes as I mentioned in a HDFviewer mail yesterday, I too have noticed that
the data has stopped. Since it started it has been very unreliable and not
only has there been days with no data, but also many days with big gaps in
the data.

I did send a mail to LSA SAF but did not get a reply. However it is worth
mentioning that this data is shown as " pre-operational " on the LSA SAF
site so that really excludes any follow up.

I noticed that the Metop LSA-SAF products stopped with the 16:52 data on
May 16. Just me, or did anyone else see this as well?

Thanks,
David

karel van den ende

David,

I saw the data flow stopped as well on May 16.

Karel van den Ende

Email: davidtaylor@writeme.com <mailto:davidtaylor%40writeme.com>

__________ Informatie van ESET NOD32 Antivirus, versie van database viruskenmerken 4089 (20090519) __________

Ian Deans wrote:
Yes as I mentioned in a HDFviewer mail yesterday, I too have noticed
that the data has stopped. Since it started it has been very
unreliable and not only has there been days with no data, but also
many days with big gaps in the data.

I did send a mail to LSA SAF but did not get a reply. However it is
worth mentioning that this data is shown as " pre-operational " on
the LSA SAF site so that really excludes any follow up.

Thanks, Ian and John.

I've e-mailed both the LSA-SAF and EUMETSAT (knowing that EUMETSAT would contact the LSA-SAF in any case), but if it's pre-operational, then anything could happen, as you say. It didn't say pre-operational in their message: Operations_Weekly_Schedule_20090326143533.txt, so perhaps that's how I missed it.

Perhaps the team have decanted from Portugal to Monaco, to watch the race! <G>

Web: www.satsignal.eu
Email: davidtaylor@writeme.com

Ian Deans <isdeans1.-_@...>

I perhaps should have mentioned that the MSG LSA-SAF products have problems as well. There has been many gaps in the LST /DSLF and DSSF data recently and as was mentioned yesterday some 0 Kb files are coming through, although very often the correct one is received as well.

It may be relevant that since switching on this morning well over an hour ago, no MSG LSA-SAF data has been received.

I noticed that the Metop LSA-SAF products stopped with the 16:52 data on
May 16. Just me, or did anyone else see this as well?

Thanks,

I got this from EUMETSAT:

"We just received information that Landsaf are currently doing an archive upgrade. The problem should be fixed today."