Topics

USING SPLITTERS

daniarnedo

HI,

I would like to ask to the group if someone is feeding two systems with
one antenna using a powerpass splitter in all branches.

Best Regards.

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

daniarnedo wrote:
HI,

I would like to ask to the group if someone is feeding two systems
with one antenna using a powerpass splitter in all branches.

Best Regards.
Yes, I am doing something similar, see:

http://www.satsignal.eu/mrtg/performance_eumetcast-snr.php

However, this is not good practice, particularly on Eurobird-9, where the two 22KHz signals may cancel out from time to time, and stop the LNB from switching to the required high-band frequency.

Email: davidtaylor@...

daniarnedo

That is the point !

How have you solved this?

Thanks and regards.

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

Daniel Garcia wrote:
That is the point !

How have you solved this?

Thanks and regards.
Daniel,

In my case, there are three or four PCs all feeding the 22KHz signal, so I haven't yet seen a problem. The likelihood of all four signals being at the correct phase and amplitude to exactly cancel out is remote. Solutions:

- you really should replace the splitter with one where only one path has the DC and control signal pass-through.

Failing that, you might be able to:

- use a second splitter in the hope of attenuating one of the 22KHz signals a little further

- use the settings on the SkyStar setup to stop one of the cards generating the 22KHz signal. I haven't done this myself so I can't advise further. I hear that you can do this manually in Setup4PC or by defining the LNB to have only a 10.6HGz local oscillator.

Email: davidtaylor@...