From: "Ulrich G. Kliegis" <Ulrich.Kliegis@kliegis.de>
To: <MSG-1@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Monday, May 12, 2008 8:36 AM
Subject: [MSG-1] RSS

Hi all,
most probably I missed some mentioning of it, but is there a follow-up to last
year's RSS beyond any horizon?

Cheers,
U.

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

Ian Deans wrote:
A new Met-8 RSS service starts tomorrow at 09.00 UTC. You will need
to contact Eumetsat to apply for the service.

Hope that helps.

Details of the service Ian mentions are here:

http://www.eumetsat.int/Home/Main/Access_to_Data/Meteosat_Image_Services/SP_1119363991859

I hope to have final beta software updates in place later today for handling this service (there are a couple of improvements to the present betas I would like to add). Super-smooth animations! An upgrade to GeoSatSignal-7 for those who purchased after 1-Jan-2008 is required.

Email: davidtaylor@writeme.com

Ulrich G. Kliegis

Ian,
what a coincidence! Thanks, I'll send a request to the OPSDeskLadies (tm)
right now.

Chee-rss,

U.

On 12 May 2008 at 9:11, Ian Deans wrote:

A new Met-8 RSS service starts tomorrow at 09.00 UTC. You will need
to contact Eumetsat to apply for the service.

Hope that helps.

Alan Banks <alan@...>

I think I'm confused.
Do those of us using GSS for some time have to update to V7?
Regards
Alan

Alan Banks wrote:
I think I'm confused.
Do those of us using GSS for some time have to update to V7?
Regards
Alan
Alan,

Yes. If you want all the new features and data support, and you registered or upgraded GeoSatSignal before 2008-Jan-01, then an upgrade is required. I hope that, if you look at the features and data support of GeoSatSignal 7, compared to the first release of GeoSatSignal 6, you will find the upgrade well worth while.

Further discussions should really be in the SatSignal Yahoo group, though.

Email: davidtaylor@writeme.com

Alan Banks <alan@...>

Agree - move to SatSignal - it was your use of the '_after_ 1st jan 2008' that confused me.
Alan