Topics

Skystar USB plus

daniarnedo

Hello

I have been reading the topic about this technisat product, I think someone achived to put it working. Can anybody give me any fast guide? The soft is totally different and the manual does not help to configure a multicast reception.

Thanks in advance

francis.greaves <francis@...>

--- In MSG-1@..., "daniarnedo" <daniarnedo@...> wrote:

Hello

I have been reading the topic about this technisat product, I think
someone
achived to put it working. Can anybody give me any fast guide? The
soft is
totally different and the manual does not help to configure a multicast
reception.

Thanks in advance
Hi! sorry, I don't know your first name
I have just got this going really well, after some difficulty, so here
goes.
First you need the latest beta software BDA_1075_14_05_2007BETA.zip
from here http://www.technotrend.com/2692/Tools___Downloads.html it is
well down the page. look for "TT-Media Center 1.0.7.5 (15.05.2007)
Beta-Version (for 32bit and 64bit Windows XP, Vista)"
This is how I think I did it!
Install the software. The problem with the software on the disc is
that there is no network device, but there is on the Bets version. Set
the IP address on the network device to 192.168.238.238 with a mask of
255.255.255.0 and leave the rest blank.
In the Service Selection of the main dialog box of the software create
a new entry "Eumetcast" and delete all the others - the software will
not default to the selection so you have. you must have only one there
for it to be the default if you reboot.
Very Annoying!
Tuner Settings select 19.2 E Astra 1E and Fx of 10853000 with Symbol
Rate of 27500 and Horizontal Polarisation.
Then set the filters up using hex to 0x0064 0x012c 0x012d 0x012e
0x01f4 0x01fd 0x01fe.
On the Setup Tab you want to go into the LNB settings and in the
DiSEqC select the DiSEqC 1.0 button, Sending select via Inputrange and
the LNB1 as above and .............. Bingo you should have a good
signal. Mine reads 100% quality and 89% signal strength. I am in the
depths of West Cork, Ireland, near Mizen Head with a view across
Dunmannus Bay into the Atlantic. Great for weather here!

Hope this helps

Francis

a_van_belle

Please note that the TechnoTrend software does not install on this
TechniSat USB plus box ! The hardware ID is different.

But you are right that all software versions (either TT or TS)
before 1.073 do not install/work properly for EUMETCast and that most
likely includes the software you got on the CDROM.

Technisat just released a 1.076 Beta version on their support site.
A huge 104 MB download ! As I don't have a TS box, I cannot tell you
if this version works.

The TechnoTrend version of the box has so far been tested over a
period of many months.
But setting up this box for EUMETCast reception is not easy as there
is no EUMETCast service pre-configured, we cannot yet recommend its use.

Also owing to some subtle differences between the TechnoTrend box and
the SkyStar plus version preliminary tests on the SkyStar Plus box
using the 1072 driver identify further problems.

So it is not recommended that either of these boxes are bought for
EUMETCast at the moment till further evaluation by EUMETSAT and other
testers as configuring the boxes currently is proving difficult.

Greetings,
Arne van Belle (thanks to John Tellick)

germain.schepens <germain.schepens@...>

--- In MSG-1@..., "a_van_belle" <a.van.belle@...> wrote:

[...]

Hello everybody overthere, I am a complete newcomer to this
facinating world of Wheather satellites, I am 74 Year's young (!) and
live in Koksijde Belgium.

I use a Technotrend TT 2400, and it work's well (I think) but I could
not make it work, so I asked EUMETCAST helpdesk........
In fact I was not able to receive DATA.
There was an "angel" called Pamela at OPS , who told me to download a
instruction from Rob Alblas, and it is really very nice.
Then I downloaded the program from Technotrend.
Since then it work's..............at least!
But I am very handicapped because due to local (family) conditions I
am not able to perform "my favourite sport" when I like!
I am very grateful to Rob Alblas for this and also to the EUMETCAST
Helpdesk.

Germain..........

Harry H. Arends Prive <h.arends@...>

Could you give us a link to that documentation please

_____