Topics

Updates

seggins2000 <seggins@...>

Updates have begun to arrive with a readme filein a new folder.

John Say

James Brown

In message <e4i7na+rpud@eGroups.com>, seggins2000 <seggins@saysarts.co.uk> writes
Updates have begun to arrive with a readme filein a new folder.

John Say
Confirmed here - I created the updates folder manually just in case so it looks like it checks to see if it exists and then acts accordingly.

Thanks John,

James
--
James Brown

a_van_belle

Can anyone confirm that they do have files named Licence_cd..... in
the received&#92;updates directory ?

I see the folder was created automatically at 16:31 UTC but I only
received a Readme file from 964 bytes !

But I do notice that between 16:50 and 16:55 my 0.fsy file grew
alarmingly from 14 to 22 Mb.

This is close to the 24 Mb limit I setup.

This is a bit unexpected as the additional MSG2 stream had very little
impact on my test system.

Greetings,
Arne van Belle

--- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, James Brown <satellite@...> wrote:

In message <e4i7na+rpud@...>, seggins2000
<seggins@...> writes

In message <e4ihdo+js42@eGroups.com>, a_van_belle <a.van.belle@hccnet.nl> writes
Can anyone confirm that they do have files named Licence_cd..... in
the received&#92;updates directory ?

I see the folder was created automatically at 16:31 UTC but I only
received a Readme file from 964 bytes !

But I do notice that between 16:50 and 16:55 my 0.fsy file grew
alarmingly from 14 to 22 Mb.

This is close to the 24 Mb limit I setup.

This is a bit unexpected as the additional MSG2 stream had very little
impact on my test system.

Greetings,
Arne van Belle
I have almost the same scenario here Arne fsy is currently 21,655 Before today the fsy even with MSG-2 enabled was just peaking at 8Mb.

Just the read me - not the main zip files - not sure whether Robert's comment is truly plural - could you comment Robert?

Cheers
James
--
James Brown

Robert Moore

Confirmed.
The folder contains two files about 50.8 MB together and a 1KB Readme file.

Robert

--On 18 May 2006 19:20 +0000 a_van_belle <a.van.belle@hccnet.nl> wrote:

[...]

http://www.david-taylor.myby.co.uk/wxsat/glossary.htm

Computer science Weather equipment Science education
Weather stations

Professor Robert Moore
School of Sociology and Social Policy
University of Liverpool
L69 7BZ

44 (0) 1352 714456

Alan Sewards <asewards@...>

Hi all,
I have only the readme file in my received/tmp directory. The .fsy
file remains at normal size. (I have not requested participation in
MSG-2 trials).

Best regards - Alan

Robert Moore wrote:

[...]

Service.

Professor Robert Moore
School of Sociology and Social Policy
University of Liverpool
L69 7BZ

44 (0) 1352 714456

http://www.david-taylor.myby.co.uk/wxsat/glossary.htm

Computer science
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&;k=Computer+science&w1=Computer+science&w2=Weather+equipment&w3=Science+education&w4=Weather+stations&c=4&s=90&.sig=-1LtGgwxRqyyojmGl3hrGw>
Weather equipment
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&;k=Weather+equipment&w1=Computer+science&w2=Weather+equipment&w3=Science+education&w4=Weather+stations&c=4&s=90&.sig=TdYGOE7f2soAvhNlG0SrkQ>
Science education
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&;k=Science+education&w1=Computer+science&w2=Weather+equipment&w3=Science+education&w4=Weather+stations&c=4&s=90&.sig=ZYbYj1hBm4cEly9fIYQIBg>

Weather stations
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&;k=Weather+stations&w1=Computer+science&w2=Weather+equipment&w3=Science+education&w4=Weather+stations&c=4&s=90&.sig=Iw9CdqNLZXSaW0tgiwIwgQ>

Service <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>;.

Alan Sewards
email: alan.sewards@free.fr
b.sewards@libertysurf.fr

web site: http://asewards.free.fr

a_van_belle

Thanks Robert for confirmation,

My first guess is that the apparently huge file size of the TC update
did breach my 0.fsy and Ramdisk limit. I do see some missing segments
on both receive PC's in cycle 17:00 that could be connected to this.

With the pre-released Tellicast client at only 6.6 Mb this does
surprise me.

Robert can you tell us the size of the largest file in the update folder ?

This might imply that my recommendations on using a Ramdisk will have
to revised even though I had this setup running with MSG1 and MSG2
data without any hiccup until now!

Greetings,
Arne van Belle

In message <e4iit3+6luf@eGroups.com>, a_van_belle <a.van.belle@hccnet.nl> writes
Thanks Robert for confirmation,

My first guess is that the apparently huge file size of the TC update
did breach my 0.fsy and Ramdisk limit. I do see some missing segments
on both receive PC's in cycle 17:00 that could be connected to this.
I don't think it was this Arne. My ramdisk is 100Mb so is well able to cope, but I am still in the same position as you. I'm not sure whether the file came through in one segment, or whether it is being built up in the fsy file before being passed on.

I wonder if Robert is getting MSG-2 as well?

Cheers
James
--
James Brown

John Thexton <john@...>

Hi
Yes i have a folder called updates which came at 16:30 there are 3 files in it Read me ,and update for widows and update for Linux. I double clicked widows and it all installed automaticaly and updated my EKU also.

Regards

John

[...]

Yahoo! Groups Links

Ap van Weeren

Here the same, everything installed properly,
3 files- 624kb(gen Documentation, Linux 6.52mB and windows 20.4 mB)
gr Ap

--- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, "John Thexton" <john@...> wrote:

[...]

17/05/2006

17/05/2006

a_van_belle

OK James, we are just guessing right now.

On my test PC I have ramdisk setup to 200 Mb but did forget to enlarge
the file_database_size in the recv.ini !
Both PC's (with or without MSG-2, with TC 240 and pre-release TC244)
handled the same.

The 0.fsy file must be able to hold the captured stream until a file
header and matching end of file is detected. Only then the file is
"extracted" and this data is then removed from 0.fsy.

With the update on one PID I guess the update files were sent
sequentially, but there must be room left for buffering the other PID's.

Guiseppe, 62 Mb file_database_size should be large enough to run
without problems at this moment unless you have very bad reception
conditions. If you have stopped Tellicast make sure to delete 0.fsy to
get a clean start !

In message <e4ikcs+ujn9@eGroups.com>, a_van_belle <a.van.belle@hccnet.nl> writes
OK James, we are just guessing right now.

On my test PC I have ramdisk setup to 200 Mb but did forget to enlarge
the file_database_size in the recv.ini !
Both PC's (with or without MSG-2, with TC 240 and pre-release TC244)
handled the same.
I have removed the updates folder and deleted the fsy file and re-started the progs so we will see what comes.

The file_database_size was set to 24576000 which should have been fine I would have thought - I have increased to 48576000 just in case that makes a difference.

Incidentally I hope folk are remembering to archive the updated files!

Cheers
James
--
James Brown

Robert Moore

Mystery solved. I had two versions of the 'licence_cd_v5 file': the exe file was 25,410KB and the winzip file 25,353KB. Plus the 1KB readme file.
I'm not joking when I say I must get my eyes tested again - I really am having problems - can't even do soldering jobs for myself now.
Hope I didn't confuse everyone.
Robert

--On 18 May 2006 19:45 +0000 a_van_belle <a.van.belle@hccnet.nl> wrote:

[...]

Science education Weather equipment Computer science
Weather stations

44 (0) 1352 714456

a_van_belle

Robert thanks for the update.

It's not your eyes but Windows that is confusing you !
The update exists of "Licence_cd_v5.exe" for Windows
and "Licence_cd_v5.tar.gz" a compressed update file for Linux.
Windows will display this last file as a ZIP file !

Windows users should only use the .exe file to update the Tellicast
client.
By the way, this windows update does also update your eToken software.

--- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, Robert Moore <rsmoore@...> wrote:

Mystery solved. I had two versions of the 'licence_cd_v5 file': the exe
file was 25,410KB and the winzip file 25,353KB. Plus the 1KB readme
file.
I'm not joking when I say I must get my eyes tested again - I really am
having problems - can't even do soldering jobs for myself now.
Hope I didn't confuse everyone.
Robert

James Brown

Just to comment that the main problem here was that in my use of the ramdisk I had put both the received and receiving folders onto the ramdisk - which works just fine - but when the 0.fsy increased to over 30Mb that plus the received updates killed the processing as it exceeded the ramdisk level. Now that I have increased that to 150Mb all is fine - though I don't know if the fsy will ever return to the previous low levels.

Cheers
James
--
James Brown

a_van_belle

Hello James,

I don't have folder received on my ramdisk, yet at 25 MB it proved to
be too small.
This is because I use the RAMdisk to store the 0.fsy and also for
temporary file cache. (entry "temp_directory=z:&#92;receiving/temp" in
recv-channels.ini)

TelliCast builds up every file in &#92;receiving&#92;temp first.
Only when the file is complete it is being released and moved to the
received folder. This does prevent programs trying to access
uncompleted files.
But this does imply that, if this folder is on RAMdisk, you need
double the space to hold the 25 MB update files !

Currently my 0.fsy is stretched to around 34 to 37 MB at every update
being send. Only restarting TC will get the size back to the "normal"
8 to 13 MB.
Even when receiving the MSG-2 trial data, my 0.fsy remained below 15
MB so the problem we see now is only caused by the large sized update
files.

Unfortunately you cannot turn off the reception of the update, even if
you run the new version. So up to May 31st we will have to hold on.
After that date 0.fsy will return to normal size and a smaller RAM
disk will be usable again.
That remains the question on how large the METOP files will be in the
future !

Greetings,
Arne van Belle

--- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, James Brown <satellite@...> wrote:

Just to comment that the main problem here was that in my use of the
ramdisk I had put both the received and receiving folders onto the
ramdisk - which works just fine - but when the 0.fsy increased to over
30Mb that plus the received updates killed the processing as it
exceeded
the ramdisk level. Now that I have increased that to 150Mb all is
fine -
though I don't know if the fsy will ever return to the previous low
levels.

Cheers
James
--
James Brown

Ulrich G. Kliegis

On 21 May 2006 at 19:30, a_van_belle wrote:

TelliCast builds up every file in &#92;receiving&#92;temp first.
Only when the file is complete it is being released and moved to the
received folder. This does prevent programs trying to access
uncompleted files. But this does imply that, if this folder is on
RAMdisk, you need double the space to hold the 25 MB update files !
Wasn't there some obscure command in MS-DOS 4.x or so that
allowed to link several partitions together to form a bigger one ...

Windows XP - from the people who brought you EDLIN!

Regards,
U.