Topics

archives

Robert Moore

May I check with colleagues who have used the EUMETSAT data archive: is it the case that this is _only_ a paid-for service for which one selects and orders on line for CD or FTP delivery? In other words there is no direct download even for registered users?

Robert

44 (0) 1352 714456

Kornel Kollath <kollath.k@...>

Hello,

The access for archive is free! (but not for the last 24h data)
I use the "download via http" possibility...
I use the MSG level1.5 Native format. You can visualize it with a
Nativereader program which is also free.

Regards
Kornel

--- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, Robert Moore <rsmoore@...> wrote:

May I check with colleagues who have used the EUMETSAT data archive:
is it
the case that this is _only_ a paid-for service for which one
selects and
orders on line for CD or FTP delivery? In other words there is no
direct
download even for registered users?

Robert

44 (0) 1352 714456

Robert Moore

Thanks Komel
Robert

--On 04 May 2006 11:21 +0000 Kornel Kollath <kollath.k@met.hu> wrote:

Hello,

The access for archive is free! (but not for the last 24h data)
I use the "download via http" possibility...
I use the MSG level1.5 Native format. You can visualize it with a
Nativereader program which is also free.

Regards
Kornel

--- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, Robert Moore <rsmoore@...> wrote:

May I check with colleagues who have used the EUMETSAT data archive:
is it
the case that this is _only_ a paid-for service for which one
selects and
orders on line for CD or FTP delivery? In other words there is no
direct
download even for registered users?

Robert

44 (0) 1352 714456

http://www.david-taylor.myby.co.uk/wxsat/glossary.htm

Weather equipment Science education Computer science
Weather stations

Professor Robert Moore
School of Sociology and Social Policy
University of Liverpool
L69 7BZ

44 (0) 1352 714456

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

Robert Moore wrote:
May I check with colleagues who have used the EUMETSAT data archive:
is it the case that this is _only_ a paid-for service for which one
selects and orders on line for CD or FTP delivery? In other words
there is no direct download even for registered users?

Robert
Robert,

Ton Lindemann uses the EUMETSAT Archive facility, and has provided some notes for users here:

http://www.david-taylor.myby.co.uk/software/geosatsignal.htm#EUMETSATarchive

I have ensured that GeoSatSignal can work with the EUMETSAT Archive data, and written a small helper program called GSSprepare which you may have if you need it.

Web: http://www.satsignal.net
Email: davidtaylor@writeme.com

___________________________________________________________ Switch an email account to Yahoo! Mail, you could win FIFA World Cup tickets. http://uk.mail.yahoo.com

laurentgers <l.deblangy@...>

--- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, "Kornel Kollath" <kollath.k@...> wrote:

Hello,

The access for archive is free! (but not for the last 24h data)
I use the "download via http" possibility...
I use the MSG level1.5 Native format. You can visualize it with a
Nativereader program which is also free.

Regards
Kornel

--- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, Robert Moore <rsmoore@> wrote:

May I check with colleagues who have used the EUMETSAT data
archive:
is it
the case that this is _only_ a paid-for service for which one
selects and
orders on line for CD or FTP delivery? In other words there is no
direct
download even for registered users?

Robert

44 (0) 1352 714456
Good afternoon Kornel,

Is it possible to give me the link for Nativereader program ?

Thank you very much

Laurent ( France, near Toulouse )

Kornel Kollath <kollath.k@...>

--- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, "laurentgers" <l.deblangy@...> wrote:

[...]