Topics

EUMETCast Troubleshooting Guide

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

Folks,

Following suggestions from one of our group members, EUMETSAT have kindly agreed to allow the publication of this EUMETCast Troubleshooting Guide:

http://www.david-taylor.myby.co.uk/wxsat/atovs/EUMETCast-trouble-shooting-guide.html

I have added the document to our group's Links section. Many thanks to EUMETSAT for allowing reproduction of this information, which has both general sections, and Windows and Linux specific sections.

SatSignal Software - quality software written to your requirements
Web: http://www.satsignal.net
Email: davidtaylor@writeme.com

Robert Moore

Thanks for that David - I'll be looking at it shortly I hope! I am still only getting 6 hourly images so I have decided to do a System Restore to well before I started the upgrade. If I can get everything running on the old basis I can then start again. Can I check one thing with list members? When you do Setup4PC what banner do you get across the top of the window - I get a B2C2 logo. I gather not everyone gets this with the upgraded software.
Anyhow - here goes the System Restore!

Robert

01352 714456

Alan Sewards <asewards@...>

Robert:
"TechniSat
DAS Original" and a bunch of 1s and 0s in yellow on an orange background

Alan

Robert Moore wrote:

Thanks for that David - I'll be looking at it shortly I hope! I am still
only getting 6 hourly images so I have decided to do a System Restore to
well before I started the upgrade. If I can get everything running on the
old basis I can then start again. Can I check one thing with list
members?
When you do Setup4PC what banner do you get across the top of the
window -
I get a B2C2 logo. I gather not everyone gets this with the upgraded
software.
Anyhow - here goes the System Restore!

Robert

01352 714456

http://www.david-taylor.myby.co.uk/wxsat/glossary.htm

Alan Sewards
email: alan.sewards@free.fr
b.sewards@libertysurf.fr

web site: http://asewards.free.fr

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

Robert Moore wrote:
Thanks for that David - I'll be looking at it shortly I hope! I am
still only getting 6 hourly images so I have decided to do a System
Restore to well before I started the upgrade. If I can get everything
running on the old basis I can then start again. Can I check one
thing with list members? When you do Setup4PC what banner do you get
across the top of the window - I get a B2C2 logo. I gather not
everyone gets this with the upgraded software.
Anyhow - here goes the System Restore!

Robert
Robert,

At the bottom of this page:

http://www.david-taylor.myby.co.uk/wxsat/atovs/index.html

I can offer the V4.2.2 version ("T-Systems") and V4.3.0 ("TechniSat") screenshots. I note that the Help button disappeared from the V4.3.0 version! The latter was from a pre-release of the current EUMETSAT client software CD. I'd also like to know what people see so that I can update the Web site.

Good luck with your System Restore.

SatSignal Software - quality software written to your requirements
Web: http://www.satsignal.net
Email: davidtaylor@writeme.com

Robert Moore

Thanks Alan - mine is blue with a string of 0s and 1s interlaced with a long string of 2B2Cs after the 2B2C logo.

Robert

Robert Moore wrote:

[...]

Yahoo! Groups Links

Professor Robert Moore
Department of Sociology,Social
Policy and Social Work Studies
University of Liverpool
L69 7BZ

44 (0) 1352 714456

debbiejaynerichards

Robert

This may be a silly question, but are you using the generic username
and password as this only gives access to 6 hourly data.

Debbie

--- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, Robert Moore <rsmoore@l...> wrote:
Thanks for that David - I'll be looking at it shortly I hope! I am
still
only getting 6 hourly images so I have decided to do a System
Restore to
well before I started the upgrade. If I can get everything running
on the
old basis I can then start again. Can I check one thing with list
members?
When you do Setup4PC what banner do you get across the top of the
window -
I get a B2C2 logo. I gather not everyone gets this with the upgraded
software.
Anyhow - here goes the System Restore!

Robert

01352 714456

Robert Moore

Really strange Debbie - I made multiple backups of my recv.ini file in various locations before installing the upgrade and then copied one back into the active folder afterwards. I have discovered this afternoon that _all_ these files are now generic username. This remained the case after I did a system restore to late March. How all these files came to be overwritten with the contents of a file I didn't even know I had baffles me .... but I hope it will all be sorted out tonight.
Robert