mid day today

Robert Moore

Has anyone looked at an IR animation for the Biscay area today? Around noon,
lines emerged - either ships' trails of aircraft contrails (the latter, I would
think) that appeared to rotate like the spokes of a wheel - presumably in the
upper atmosphere.
Any thoughts on this?
Will there be any limit to the amazing things are we going to see through
MSG-1?

Robert

------------------------------
Robert Moore

tel and fax: 44 (0) 1352 714456

Alan Sewards <alan.sewards@...>

Robert,
I also saw that phenomenon. It seemed as though the lines started off in
mid-Spain heading east-west (or the inverse), and were rotated round and
moved north by the low embedded in the jet stream. I took them to be
aircraft contrails.

Best regards - Alan

Has anyone looked at an IR animation for the Biscay area today? Around
noon,
lines emerged - either ships' trails of aircraft contrails (the latter, I
would
think) that appeared to rotate like the spokes of a wheel - presumably in
the
upper atmosphere.
Any thoughts on this?
Will there be any limit to the amazing things are we going to see through
MSG-1?

Robert

To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

--- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, Robert Moore <rsmoore@l...> wrote:
Has anyone looked at an IR animation for the Biscay area today?
Around noon, lines emerged - either ships' trails of aircraft
contrails (the latter, I would think) that appeared to rotate like
the spokes of a wheel - presumably in the upper atmosphere.
Any thoughts on this?
I haven't animated this - it sounds great!

Looking at the static images I think aircraft trails, as you can see
the shadow of some of the trails on the lower clouds. The
dispersion does look more like ship trails, though.

John Thexton <john@...>

I have watched this from 8am they originate from around Madrid i think aircraft con trails they persisted over 6hrs revolving clockwise
in high pressure over spain.

john

Douglas Deans <douglas@...>

Has anyone looked at an IR animation for the Biscay area today?
Around noon, lines emerged - either ships' trails of aircraft
contrails (the latter, I would think) that appeared to rotate like
the spokes of a wheel - presumably in the upper atmosphere.
Any thoughts on this?
I haven't animated this - it sounds great!

Looking at the static images I think aircraft trails, as you can see
the shadow of some of the trails on the lower clouds. The
dispersion does look more like ship trails, though.

Most interesting. I have been watching it all day. What really surprises
me is how it forms and looks in a Channel 5 WV animation.