Timestep <Information@...>

From: Dave Cawley
Timestep Dartmouth England
e-mail Information@Time-step.com
Web site http://www.Time-step.com
Tel. +44 (0)1803 833366
Fax. +44 (0)1803 839498

The USB version is fine. And I know it's a plug, but you did ask, it's on
my website.

Dave

Nigel Heasman <nigel_heasman@...>

I believe "Yes", with the USB adaptor. I don't know if Eumetsat
officially support this route, though.
The USB version is fine. And I know it's a plug, but you did ask,
it's on my website.
Dave
Many thanks, both
regards
Nigel

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

--- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, "Nigel Heasman" <nigel_heasman@y...>
wrote:
I believe "Yes", with the USB adaptor. I don't know if Eumetsat
officially support this route, though.
The USB version is fine. And I know it's a plug, but you did ask,
it's on my website.
Dave
Many thanks, both
regards
Nigel
Yes, I looked back through my e-mail and it's Wim van Gaalen who has
the laptop system running. I think he needed a particular driver
version.

Thanks, Dave, for the pointer to your Web site as a source of the
USB kit. Have you seen any issues with driver V4.2.8 (which I think
comes with the USB kit) compared to V4.2.2? V4.2.8 has certainly
caused some people problems (including me) when applied to the DVB
card. My eToken seemed much less reliable, stopping working for no
apparent reason. Could not explain that.

Timestep <Information@...>

From: Dave Cawley
Timestep Dartmouth England
e-mail Information@Time-step.com
Web site http://www.Time-step.com
Tel. +44 (0)1803 833366
Fax. +44 (0)1803 839498

I have no reported problems. And I wouldn't mind betting that the old
driver will work ? A plug again, but the USB version is 50 pounds below
retail for RIG members.

Regards

Dave

Nicola <scsebnic@...>

Hi Nigel,
I got reception of MSG-1 working on my laptop since september '03 without any difficulty:

Laptop IBM A31, Intel Pentium 4 Mobile CPU 1.8Ghz, 524K Ram, Hd 10Gb + 30Gb, Microsoft Windows 2000 5.00 Sp3;
Sky2 USB card and drivers;
88cm dish patio mounted;
Tellicast from Eumetsat;
David Taylor MSG Data Manager excellent software.

Regards
Nicola