Topics

Meteosat-5 - midnight slots

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

Folks,

Eumetsat has started sending midnight slots for Meteosat-5 but,
unlike all other satellite data, it is stamped at 2400 for the day
before rather than 0000 for the current day. I have asked Eumetsat
if it might be possible to rename the data so that it conforms will
all other HRIT/LRIT data, but I don't knwo if they will do that.

Of course, 2400 is an invalid time (2359 is the latest minute), so
the current MSG Data Manager will reject this data. If anyone is
desparate, I have a version of the program which allows the 2400
data, timestamps it to 0000 "+1 day", but still saves it as "2400".
Before making any further ad-hoc changes I want to see if Eumetsat
will fix the problem.

--- In MSG-1@..., "David Taylor" <david-taylor@b...>
wrote:
Folks,

Eumetsat has started sending midnight slots for Meteosat-5 but,
unlike all other satellite data, it is stamped at 2400 for the day
before rather than 0000 for the current day. I have asked Eumetsat
if it might be possible to rename the data so that it conforms with
all other HRIT/LRIT data, but I don't know if they will do that.
Data for this morning (Dec 05) was stamped 0000 today, so it should
have been processed properly. It was here. So I guess that things
have been changed.

May thanks, Eumetsat.