Solar outage

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

Thanks David, it seems to be down to a series of "Lost messages".

Peter
Peter,

It is possible that both Douglas Deans and I have seen something
like this. I have now has two unexplained high-segment-loss
periods, and Douglas has previously noted that [accidentally]
stopping DVB reception seemed to provoke errors in the Tellique
software. For what it's worth,

I've written a Tellique Log File Analyser that looks for Connecting
to... messages which are not followed by Connected to... messages,
You may need the verbose logging turned on to see these messages.
If you want a copy of the program, just ask. I recommend that you
copy the log files to another PC (or at least folder) for processing.

Peter Benney <tugboat@...>

All fine here, Peter.
Tnaks David, it seems to be down to a series of "Lost messages".

Peter

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

Additionally yesterday evening 12/10/03 I can report the following
segment loss:-

Cycle: 2100
[]
Cycle: 2115
[]
Cycle: 2130
[]
Cycle: 2145
[]

Peter
All fine here, Peter.

David

Peter Benney <tugboat@...>

That _is_ interesting Ian. I had a trouble-free morning, but 1230
and 1245 UTC were bad. OK since then. Co-incidence or what?
Additionally yesterday evening 12/10/03 I can report the following segment loss:-

Cycle: 2100
msg-ch01, seg: 5 8
msg-ch02, seg: 4 6 7 8
msg-ch03, seg: 3 4 5 6 7 8
msg-ch04, seg: 4 5 6 7 8
msg-ch05, seg: 4 5 6 8
msg-ch06, seg: 4 5 6 7 8
msg-ch07, seg: 4 5 6 7 8
msg-ch08, seg: 5 6 7 8
msg-ch09, seg: 5 6 7 8
msg-ch10, seg: 5 6 7 8
msg-ch11, seg: 4 5 6 7 8
msg-ch12, seg: 15 18 19 20 21 23 24
Cycle: 2115
msg-ch01, seg: 1 2 4 6 7 8
msg-ch02 all missing
msg-ch03 all missing
msg-ch04 all missing
msg-ch05 all missing
msg-ch06 all missing
msg-ch07 all missing
msg-ch08 all missing
msg-ch09 all missing
msg-ch10 all missing
msg-ch11 all missing
msg-ch12, seg: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 15 16 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
lrit-ch01, seg: 1 3 4 5 6
lrit-ch03, seg: 1 3 4 5 6 7
lrit-ch04, seg: 1 3 4 5 6 7
lrit-ch05, seg: 1 3 4 5 6 7
lrit-ch09, seg: 1 3 4 5 6 7
Cycle: 2130
msg-ch01, seg: 1 3 4 5 8
msg-ch02 all missing
msg-ch03 all missing
msg-ch04 all missing
msg-ch05 all missing
msg-ch06 all missing
msg-ch07 all missing
msg-ch08 all missing
msg-ch09 all missing
msg-ch10 all missing
msg-ch11 all missing
msg-ch12, seg: 1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 20 21 22 24
Cycle: 2145
msg-ch01, seg: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
msg-ch02, seg: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
msg-ch03, seg: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
msg-ch04, seg: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
msg-ch05, seg: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
msg-ch06, seg: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
msg-ch07, seg: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
msg-ch08, seg: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
msg-ch09, seg: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
msg-ch10, seg: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
msg-ch11, seg: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
msg-ch12, seg: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
lrit-ch01, seg: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
lrit-ch03, seg: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
lrit-ch04, seg: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
lrit-ch05, seg: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
lrit-ch09, seg: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Peter

Peter Benney <tugboat@...>

Ian, did you get anything similar to the report below? Please list
the channels you are taking.
Cycle: 1230
msg-ch01, seg: 4 5 6 7 8
msg-ch02, seg: 4 5 6 7 8
msg-ch03, seg: 4 5 6 7 8
msg-ch04, seg: 4 5 6 7 8
msg-ch05, seg: 4 5 6 7 8
msg-ch06, seg: 4 5 6 7 8
msg-ch07, seg: 4 5 6 7 8
msg-ch08, seg: 4 5 6 7 8
msg-ch09, seg: 4 5 6 7 8
msg-ch10, seg: 4 5 6 7 8
msg-ch11, seg: 4 5 6 7 8
msg-ch12, seg: 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
Cycle: 1245
msg-ch01, seg: 8
msg-ch02, seg: 8
msg-ch03, seg: 8
msg-ch04, seg: 8
msg-ch05, seg: 8
msg-ch06, seg: 8
msg-ch07, seg: 8
msg-ch08, seg: 8
msg-ch09, seg: 8
msg-ch10, seg: 8
msg-ch11, seg: 8
msg-ch12, seg: 20 21 22 23 24
lrit-ch01, seg: 8
lrit-ch03, seg: 8
lrit-ch04, seg: 8
lrit-ch05, seg: 8
lrit-ch09, seg: 8

David,

Exactly the same here.

Peter

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

David did you see segment 7 missing from channel 3 on the 13.45
UTC cycle.

Hope that helps

Regards
Ian
No, Ian, that cycle was complete. However, all this does have me
wondering about some way of doing real-time comparisons of missing
segments - at least for those of us who have less than perfect
systems!

Ian S Deans <ian@...>

David, my report is exactly the same as yours for the channels I am taking .
Not taking LRIT and HRIT channels that I am presently taking are 1,2,3,4,6,9
and 12.
I was speaking to Douglas on the 'phone this afternoon and he had exactly
the same segment loss on the 5 HRIT channels he takes ( 2,4,6,9,12 )

David did you see segment 7 missing from channel 3 on the 13.45 UTC cycle.

Hope that helps

Regards
Ian

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺