Topics

Help for MSG1 software configuration !!!

f5hcc <f5hcc@...>

Hello,
First, I thank you for reading this message.
I have problems to receive properly MSG1 data stream.
I'm using a TECHNISAT card on a Pentium III 1GHz PC running under
Windows XP Pro SP1.
I followed all the "official instructions" (TECHNISAT, EUMETSAT and
TELLIQUE), then all the tips I could find on the forum.
On a hardware point of view, everything is OK (all flags are "green"
with Setup4PC, all the parameters are OK), but I have problems with
TELLIQUE software.
Tellique software icone is "pink T on white background" and
shows "connected" with mouse cursor on it, but when I run HTML
shell, I have no throughput of data...
Under shell, Status is "OK", Recipient shows an IP address, but
under Active Channel, TSL announcement channel, I always
got "Connecting" with Priority "0" and data received "0".
Data Channel is empty (only dashes).
I found that Host_key1, 2 and 3 are completed, but Host_key4 is
empty.
In the recv.ini file, line with "user_key_crypt" is empty; maybe
some thing is wrong with my Username and User Key ? When I run
TELLICAST client installation, I got an error message at last step,
something like "unable to open file keys.ini".
I tried to install both softwares (Technisat and Tellique) on
another hard disk running under Windows ME and have the same problem.
Technisat drivers are revision 4.28, and tellicast client is
revision 2.3.0a.
Any idea ?
I hope someone could help me !
Fabrice.

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

Fabrice, you could check:

http://www.david-taylor.myby.co.uk/wxsat/atovs/index.html

http://www.david-taylor.myby.co.uk/wxsat/atovs/msg1-settings.htm

particularly the parts about PIDs and perhaps IP address.

In the recv.ini file, line with "user_key_crypt"
I don't have such a line.

"unable to open file keys.ini".
As far as I know, I don't have such a file.

I found that Host_key1, 2 and 3 are completed, but Host_key4 is
empty.

Same here - except line 4 is filled with "*" characters.

Roger Mawhinney <roger@...>

Fabice, Have you checked that the Technisat Setup4PC - Data Services - PID
List contains the PIDs (decimal) 100,300,301,500 for the 11096 MHz
transponder?
Roger

|------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
|---------------------~--> Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits
|---------------------------------------------------------------
|------~->

|To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
|

|Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
|http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Luca Bertagnolio <lucaberta@...>

Bonsoir Fabrice,

--- In MSG-1@..., "f5hcc" <f5hcc@w...> wrote:
In the recv.ini file, line with "user_key_crypt" is empty; maybe
some thing is wrong with my Username and User Key ?
the user password can be listed in the recv.ini either in the clear
or in encrypted form. So, in recv.ini either a:

user_key=*cleartext-pwd*

or

user_key_crypt=*encrypted-pwd*

must be present. If you user_key_crypt line does not have a
password, then edit it and change to the cleartext password you have
received from Eumetsat.

Technisat drivers are revision 4.28, and tellicast client is
revision 2.3.0a.
the Tellique version being shipped by Eumetsat now is version 2.3.1,
but 2.3.0a works without any problems.

Any idea ?
another possible source of problems on XP could be the personal
firewall installed by the OS itself. Please make sure it's turned
off in the virtual Ethernet driver adapter preferences. I only run
Windows 2000, so I am only guessing and cannot replicate the issue.

I hope someone could help me !
Fabrice.
Bye, Luca ON4OVV
Brussels, Belgium

Paul Telco <paul@...>

Fabrice,

I had a similar (but not identical) problem when installing Tellique under
Win98. It sound's like the advice from Luca about changing user_key_crypt to
user_key and entering the unencoded password has the same effect as my
workaround but here is a section from my notes posted to this group on
03.10.03

I receive an error message at the end of installation ' Unable to write to
D:&#92;progra~1&#92;T-Syst~1&#92;Busine~1&#92;userkey.ini' Click Ok and installation exits.
go to the Subdirectory containing userkey.ini and copy the user_key_crypt
value. Open recv.ini enter your username as supplied by Eumetsat and paste
in the user_key_crypt value from userkey.ini.

Let us know how you finally make it work,

Paul

f5hcc <f5hcc@...>

Hello Roger !
Yes, I double-checked that, everything is OK.
Cheers.
Fabrice.

--- In MSG-1@..., "Roger Mawhinney" <roger@m...> wrote:
Fabice, Have you checked that the Technisat Setup4PC - Data
Services - PID
List contains the PIDs (decimal) 100,300,301,500 for the 11096 MHz
transponder?
Roger

f5hcc <f5hcc@...>

Hello Paul,
Well, I tried your tips, but still have no data recorded...
I noticed on thing : under SETUP4PC, "Statistics", only 1 "MC"
channel seems to receive data. Mac-Address is 01-00-5E-5F-DE-DF.
On all other channels, there is no data flow.
Do you see the same thing on your computer ?
Regards.
Fabrice.

--- In MSG-1@..., "Paul Telco" <paul@t...> wrote:
[...]

I'm not Paul, but I see data flow on three channels (I have three PIDs
enabled)

01-00-5E-DE-DF - about 5Kb/s
01-00-5E-DE-17 - about 1700 Kb/s
01-00-5E-DE-15 - about 150Kb/s

Looks like thr announcement, HRIT and LRIT channels.

What does you Tellique log file say?

Are you sure the username and password are correct?

Paul Telco <paul@...>

Fabrice,

I noticed on thing : under SETUP4PC, "Statistics", only 1 "MC"
channel seems to receive data. Mac-Address is 01-00-5E-5F-DE-DF.
On all other channels, there is no data flow.
Do you see the same thing on your computer ?
My computer shows one channel like yours, Mac-Address is 01-00-5E-5F-DE-DF
when receiving the announcement channel only.

When a data channel starts ( a file is being received ) I get another line
below it, Mac-Address is 01-00-5E-5F-DE-15
When a second data channel starts ( two files simultaneously I think ) I get
a third line, Mac-Address is 01-00-5E-5F-DE-17

If you are only getting the first line then I still suspect your PID or
username/password setup is wrong somewhere. The fact that you are receiving
the announcement channel confirms that all other hardware and software is
working ok.

Did you resolve the user_key / user_key_crypt issue in your recv.ini file?
To me it sounds like this is still the problem .

Paul

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

If you are only getting the first line then I still suspect your PID or
username/password setup is wrong somewhere. The fact that you are
receiving
the announcement channel confirms that all other hardware and software
is
working ok.

Did you resolve the user_key / user_key_crypt issue in your recv.ini
file?
To me it sounds like this is still the problem .

Paul
Actually, for those circumstances, it would be useful if there was an
"open" password, granted just for the lowest level of data access (three
hourly LRIT, plus 15-minute ADMIN messaages or whatever), so that people
were able to confirm their system. The username/password has been known
to be wrong before.....

f5hcc <f5hcc@...>

Hello David.
I think it is a great idea !
In fact, to solve my problems, I took a blank 20 GB disk, I
installed only Win XP, Technisat PCI-card driver, Tellique software
and of course MSG Data Manager, and... it works fine !
I think my problems came from MacAfee software (Viruscan and
firewall), because when the PC was powered-on, MSG receiving was OK
as long as MacAfee softwares where not loaded and running (it tooks
around 1 minute after Win XP is running and before Viruscan is
loaded, and during that short time, receiving is OK).
So, now, I have a disk labelled "METEOSAT" when I want to receive
MSG-1 and an other one labelled "XP" for regular use of the machine
(I use drawers for he disks).
On a PIII-1GHz, I have Tellique software AND MSG-DM both running
without problems.
Cheers.
Fabrice, F5HCC.

Guy Martin <agm@...>

We have had problems at work with McAfee, machines slowing down mainly, which could affect tellique I guess, we now use Sophos anti virus with no problems, even the auto update works.

Cheers, Guy