From: davidstrickland2003
To: MSG-1@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2003 4:49 PM
Subject: [MSG-1] Starting and Stoping

David,
It would be nice to have MSG with an option so that you can stop
processing at completion of the next full set of images. Reason is
that using a dual processing system I leave the collector on all the
time but do the processing with MSG on another machine that is used
heavily for other purposes during which time I stop MSG. It is fun to
see the system struggle to process a couple of days of images whilst
more pour in - it is great software - it just hangs in there even
with sometimes 10's of Gbytes of data to process, not crashed yet! It
would be nice just to have all complete images but not essential.

Regards David

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

--- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, "davidstrickland2003" <David@s...>
wrote:
David,
It would be nice to have MSG with an option so that you can
stop processing at completion of the next full set of images......

David,

As I have explained before, the way the images are currently
transmitted, one set of images may start before the last set are
complete. Particularly, channel 12 HRV may well start before the
other channels are done. So there is no simple way to pick one
particular point in time when to stop processing. If others need
this function, perhaps I will look into it further....

In any case, you can stop the processing at any time if you have
the "Persistant images" box checked. When the program is reloaded
it will restore the partially processed images, so that no data is
lost. Does that provide the function you need?

davidstrickland2003 <David@...>

--- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, "David Taylor" <david-taylor@b...>
wrote:
David,
It would be nice to have MSG with an option so that you can
stop processing at completion of the next full set of images......

David,

As I have explained before, the way the images are currently
transmitted, one set of images may start before the last set are
complete. Particularly, channel 12 HRV may well start before the
other channels are done. So there is no simple way to pick one
particular point in time when to stop processing. If others need
this function, perhaps I will look into it further....

In any case, you can stop the processing at any time if you have
the "Persistant images" box checked. When the program is reloaded
it will restore the partially processed images, so that no data is
lost. Does that provide the function you need?

I have "Persistant images" checked and it does prevent loss of
images. What I was thinking was that if one could set a UTC time and
date up to which one would process and ignore all data afterwards I
would have complete images to that set time/date. I can usually
predict that I am going to need the machine at a known time in the
future. It is not particularly important and I guess it is a
refinement few will want.

Regards David

Guy Martin <agm@...>

And start at the beginning of a picture, tick box en/disabled of course.

Guy

It would be really nice..i'm in the same conditions...
Reagrds Corrado
It would be nice to have MSG with an option so that you can stop
processing at completion of the next full set of images. Reason is
that using a dual processing system I leave the collector on all the
time but do the processing with MSG on another machine that is used
heavily for other purposes during which time I stop MSG. It is fun to
see the system struggle to process a couple of days of images whilst
more pour in - it is great software - it just hangs in there even
with sometimes 10's of Gbytes of data to process, not crashed yet! It
would be nice just to have all complete images but not essential.

Regards David

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

----------

Alan Sewards <alan.sewards@...>

I just wait a few minutes until the images from the previous run have been
processed and saved and the progress indicator on the left shows that a new
cycle has started, then I stop. When I restart, I take a chance on where we
are in a cycle but if one waits for the progress indicator to change, you
only lose the bottom segments if any. Since I started doing this, my
animations rarely show the white flash of a missed image, but I quite often
see the top of the screen moving differently from the bottom due to the
skipped segment problem!

Best regards - Alan