Topics

Did you get missing segments on 2003 September 20?

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

Did you get any missing segments on 2003 September 20 for the 2015
cycle?

It seems that some people did and some did not, so I would be
interested in knowing what the patter was. If you are running the
current MSG Data Manager (i.e. V1.2.0 or higher), could you please
take a moment to activate the Tools, Missing segments report...
menu. From the Choose a day, select September 20.

In the Missing segments list, do you have any missing segments
listed for scan/cycle 2015? Please don't report any other missing
segments. I am interested in both positive and negative reports,
i.e. please report whether you got any missing segments for that
cycle or not.

Let's not clutter the list - send reports to
davidtaylor@writeme.com - and I will summarise the results.

(If you don't have a Missing segments report menu item, time to
upgrade now!).

Many thanks,

--- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, "David Taylor" <david-taylor@b...>
wrote:
Did you get any missing segments on 2003 September 20 for the 2015
cycle?
One more thing, could you give your location (general area is
enough) when writing, please? To repeat, negative reports are
equally important!

Thanks,
David

Douglas Deans <douglas@...>

Did you get any missing segments on 2003 September 20 for the 2015
cycle?
One more thing, could you give your location (general area is
enough) when writing, please? To repeat, negative reports are
equally important!

Thanks,
David

My 20th images are long gone but the missing segment report suggests that
segments 7 and 8 were missing for channels 1-11 and 17-24 were missing for
the HRV channel for the 20.15 scan.

Hope that helps

My 20th images are long gone but the missing segment report
suggests that segments 7 and 8 were missing for channels 1-11 and 17-
24 were missing for the HRV channel for the 20.15 scan.

Thanks, Douglas. I understand you don't take the LRIT? By the way,
the missing segments report keeps one week of backlog data.

Douglas Deans <douglas@...>

My 20th images are long gone but the missing segment report
suggests that segments 7 and 8 were missing for channels 1-11 and 17-
24 were missing for the HRV channel for the 20.15 scan.

Thanks, Douglas. I understand you don't take the LRIT? By the way,
the missing segments report keeps one week of backlog data.

One week back seems about right. It is certainly a very handy utility.
No I am no longer processing LRIT although it is coming in as the PID also
does the FSD data.
My processing computer does a lot of other things during the
day....internet.... MSG Animator....a lot of GSS 4 work and other bits and
pieces so I only process what I need now. My 1024Mb of DDR ram still runs
out sometimes !

wrote:
Did you get any missing segments on 2003 September 20 for the 2015
cycle?
Folks,

Many thanks for all the reports. It seems that we all saw the same
misisng data (as reported by the MSG Data Manager), which may mean
the data was missing or that there was file name the program did not
understand. Actually checking through my Tellique logs, I see that
I did not actually receive files for that period. I will pass this
information to Eumetsat.

No more reports required, thanks (unless you want to plough through
the Tellique logs to confirm that you did or did not get the file.).