Topics

Signal level on the skystar2

a_van_belle

Just a short note on the skystar and drivers:

The Skystar2 signal level is software/hardware/driver depended !

I swapped my Skystar2 rev 2.3 for a 2.6B (without any change to
drivers) and level dropped from 70 % to around 60%.
But signal quality is the same, no missing segments other than the
occasional one that others also report.

So my guess is that updating the driver could also show a lower
signal level. But this does not mean that your system is performing
less, just that the software interprets the level differently.

Not that I suggest updating to this new driver !
Although it could work perfectly (Technisat won't release a Beta),
the additional requirements (directx9, Mediaplayer9, IE6) will
undoubtedly lower your system performance considerably !

If you don't have problems with 4.2.2 (or 4.2.2b), just leave it, we
only use a very small part of the SkyStar programs.

Greetings,
Arne van Belle

johnrigsec@...

In a message dated 12-09-03 10:35:58 GMT Daylight Time, a.van.belle@...
writes:

Not that I suggest updating to this new driver !
Although it could work perfectly (Technisat won't release a Beta),
the additional requirements (directx9, Mediaplayer9, IE6) will
undoubtedly lower your system performance considerably !

If you don't have problems with 4.2.2 (or 4.2.2b), just leave it, we
only use a very small part of the SkyStar programs.

Greetings,
Arne van Belle
Arne,

Your advice seems to be supported by several users who have updated and
reverted back to the previous version of the SkyStar software.
I feel I should almost apologise for notifying users of the update.

Looking at the update information sent to me, as you say, very little of the
software facilities included are actually used by EUMETCast downloaders.
I have made this point to TechniSat.

Regards,
John Tellick.