Crazycat tbs driver settings.


David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺
 

On 28/11/2022 09:36, Ernst Lobsiger via groups.io wrote:
such is Windows. It shows you A but behind the scene it's actually B (and the registry is a horrible place).
I have no idea what "config files" you are talking about. Anyway:
Folks,

It's quite straight forward, not at all hidden, and not in the registry. In the directory where BDADataEx.exe lives there are three .INI files:

Directory of Y:\BDADataEx

18/11/2022 16:29 1,055 DVBDataEx.ini
18/11/2022 09:50 1,054 DVBDataEx1.ini
02/02/2017 00:45 2,049 StreamReader.ini

The two DVBDataEx.ini files control the settings for the two instances (on this particular PC) and have groups of settings for each "Service selection" drop-down list at the top of the screen. This could be EUMETSAT 10A, EUMETSAT 13, and so forth.

StreamReader.ini appears to contain information which is more hardware related.

Cheers,
David
--
SatSignal Software - Quality software for you
Web: https://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@...
Twitter: @gm8arv


James Brown
 

Thank you again. 
With help from David and yourself I’ve managed to get the silicon bridge working again so now have HVS-1 alongside basic. 

The SR-1 remains a bit of a mystery so that even after a factory reset and Putty session still no joy. All sorts of possibilities - LNB leg gone down, cable malfunction, SR-1 issue….

I’ll not abandon it quite yet but I’m giving it a warning glare!

Cheers,

James. 

On 28 Nov 2022, at 09:36, Ernst Lobsiger via groups.io <ernst.lobsiger@...> wrote:

On Sun, Nov 27, 2022 at 03:05 PM, James Brown wrote:
which makes me think there is another place where they have been saved - maybe in the registry somewhere.
Good morning James,

such is Windows. It shows you A but behind the scene it's actually B (and the registry is a horrible place).

I have no idea what "config files" you are talking about. Anyway:
If your two TAP adapters are in place they should show up in the network section of some device manager.
Maybe you have to give them an IP address there (if this is not done in BDADataEx or in your "config files").
If you even have no clue what IPs you have used before these should still be found in your TC client.ini files.

Ernst


Ernst Lobsiger
 

On Sun, Nov 27, 2022 at 03:05 PM, James Brown wrote:
which makes me think there is another place where they have been saved - maybe in the registry somewhere.
Good morning James,

such is Windows. It shows you A but behind the scene it's actually B (and the registry is a horrible place).

I have no idea what "config files" you are talking about. Anyway:
If your two TAP adapters are in place they should show up in the network section of some device manager.
Maybe you have to give them an IP address there (if this is not done in BDADataEx or in your "config files").
If you even have no clue what IPs you have used before these should still be found in your TC client.ini files.

Ernst


James Brown
 

Thank you again. I’ll have a last look tomorrow. 
But the config files in my tbs folder are strange. Replacing them with ones from my windows backup from a year ago and the new ones become active as soon as running the dual mode which makes me think there is another place where they have been saved - maybe in the registry somewhere. 
Good night. 

James 

On 27 Nov 2022, at 22:28, Ernst Lobsiger via groups.io <ernst.lobsiger@...> wrote:

On Sun, Nov 27, 2022 at 02:05 PM, James Brown wrote:
I have reached the point where I don’t think I can sort things out. 
James,

-- you setup 2 TAP adapters (sort of internal NIC)
-- your TC clients will attach to these adapters
-- these adapters must be given an IP address
-- Error! says these IPs have not been set!
-- according to David's page chances are that you enter this IP on the MPE-Filter Tab
   (or when you setup the TAP adapters with a batch file? I have no BDADataEx!)

Ernst


Ernst Lobsiger
 

On Sun, Nov 27, 2022 at 02:05 PM, James Brown wrote:
I have reached the point where I don’t think I can sort things out. 
James,

-- you setup 2 TAP adapters (sort of internal NIC)
-- your TC clients will attach to these adapters
-- these adapters must be given an IP address
-- Error! says these IPs have not been set!
-- according to David's page chances are that you enter this IP on the MPE-Filter Tab
   (or when you setup the TAP adapters with a batch file? I have no BDADataEx!)

Ernst


James Brown
 

Ah that makes sense thank you. 
I have reached the point where I don’t think I can sort things out. 
This is the error message I get on starting the dual bridge. However yesterday until about midday I was getting HVS-1 but after that Tellicast lost the connection hence I have been trying to find a solution. Also my Ayecka sr-1 even after a factory reset is not locking up so I’m just going to stick with basic from now on and forget the rest. All because I tried to do a changeover!  Moral once again - if it isn’t broken….

But thank you for the pointer to David’s pages. 

image0.jpeg

JB

On 27 Nov 2022, at 21:50, Ernst Lobsiger via groups.io <ernst.lobsiger@...> wrote:

On Sun, Nov 27, 2022 at 01:32 PM, James Brown wrote:
. There is no NO MODCODS ALLOWED selection in the tbs.
James,

-> for BAS you set MODCOD 8psk 3/5  which means you set a MODCOD 'filter' that lets pass only this
-> for HVS-1 you set NO MODCOD filter which means you let pass 'All'. You have modcod 'All' (see below).

https://www.satsignal.eu/wxsat/dvb-s2/T1-T2.html#setup

(just an example how it possibly, not your current situation)


Ernst


Ernst Lobsiger
 

On Sun, Nov 27, 2022 at 01:32 PM, James Brown wrote:
. There is no NO MODCODS ALLOWED selection in the tbs.
James,

-> for BAS you set MODCOD 8psk 3/5  which means you set a MODCOD 'filter' that lets pass only this
-> for HVS-1 you set NO MODCOD filter which means you let pass 'All'. You have modcod 'All' (see below).

https://www.satsignal.eu/wxsat/dvb-s2/T1-T2.html#setup

(just an example how it possibly, not your current situation)


Ernst


James Brown
 

Many thanks. There is no NO MODCODS ALLOWED selection in the tbs. Only ALL or the various kinds.

Cheers

James

On 27 Nov 2022, at 20:06, Ernst Lobsiger via groups.io <ernst.lobsiger@...> wrote:

James,

if this is the TBS-6903 you have used with a single cable (connected to plug LNB0) for BAS+HVS-1 (H) T1 on demod0 and HVS-2 (H) T2 on demod1.

if your aim is now to have with a single cable (connected to plug LNB0) BAS + MODCODS on demod0 HVS-1 (NO MODCODS ALLOWED) on demod1
then this should work by simply setting both to H (18Volt) and the same frequency of T1.

Ernst


Ernst Lobsiger
 

James,

if this is the TBS-6903 you have used with a single cable (connected to plug LNB0) for BAS+HVS-1 (H) T1 on demod0 and HVS-2 (H) T2 on demod1.

if your aim is now to have with a single cable (connected to plug LNB0) BAS + MODCODS on demod0 HVS-1 (NO MODCODS ALLOWED) on demod1
then this should work by simply setting both to H (18Volt) and the same frequency of T1.

Ernst


James Brown
 

I’m trying to track down a couple of issues affecting the dual tap setting which now reports it can’t be set, following my attempt to reconfigure the two for basic and hvs1.
I have Windows backup but am not sure where all the settings are stored so that I can get back to the original settings.

Many thanks.

James