Migrating from C10 to C3

Alan Curnow

Hi again Alan,

I forgot to mention that as you have a 90cm dish you're most likely receiving just the Basic service. Depending on your location a larger dish is usually required to receive the HVS-1 and HVS-2 services reliably, and not get receive errors.

Cheers,
Alan

Alan Curnow

The C10 to C3 migration only affects the HVS-2 High Volume Service which has always required a dual o/p LNB and a second receiver if you are already receiving the Basic and/or the HVS-1 service.

Basic and HVS-1 uses 1 transponder, HVS-2 uses a second transponder.

As you are only receiving a single input to the SR1 I'm assuming you're receiving only the Basic Service, along with possibly HVS1, so no change is required for you as the Basic & HVS-1 service stays on the same transponder and polarity even when the new E10B satellite is used.

https://www.eumetsat.int/eumetcast-europe-service-transponder-migration

If you wanted to also receive the HVS-2 service in the future a dual o/p LNB would be required. Also a second receiver would be needed. The SR1 can only use both RF inputs at the same time if both inputs use 8PSK MODCOD or lower. Basic uses 8PSK while both HVS-1 and HVS-2 use 16APSK MODCOD. If you're receiving a 16APSK transmission only one SR1 RF input can be used.

Alan

alan paul

I have a 90cm dish and a horizontally polarised LNB. The receiver is a AYEDKA SR1and the coax is connected to RF1 input. I am presuming that  i need to purchase
a new dual polarisation LNB and run another coax feed into the shack?.Do i plug the 2nd coax into RF2 or shall i purchase a coaxial switch and still use RF1 input?

Reading the email from Eutelsat I understand I that i may need to alter one of the parameters
in the receiver to include PID 500. Question,how do i do that.?

Also reading from the email I understand that Eumetsat will be providing us with a script that can be downloaded to be inserted in to the Tellicast software.
I'm new to this group so I not sure how things work
Would be grateful of any advice  regards Alan