Bdadataex

Aldo

Good day to the group
Following the installation information of the Eumetsat TBS6903 card, I cannot make two Running Dual BDADataEx work.
Someone did it, and how they did it
Thanks if you can give me a solution
kind regards
Aldo Fantoni ik1rgm

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

On 05/01/2022 17:03, Aldo via groups.io wrote:
Good day to the group
Following the installation information of the Eumetsat TBS6903 card, I cannot
make two Running Dual BDADataEx work.
Someone did it, and how they did it
Thanks if you can give me a solution
kind regards
Aldo Fantoni ik1rgm
Aldo,

I have some notes here:

https://www.satsignal.eu/wxsat/dvb-s2/T1-T2.html#single-cable

73,
David GM8ARV

Aldo

Hi, David
Where can I find the program
SR-Test.exe
to make this script you recommend
73 and thanks Aldo ik1rgm

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

On 07/01/2022 14:02, Aldo via groups.io wrote:
Hi, David
Where can I find the program
SR-Test.exe
to make this script you recommend
73 and thanks Aldo ik1rgm
ALdo,

The program is from CrazyCat, and may already be installed with his software. As I can't find a copy online, I've put my copy here:

https://www.satsignal.eu/software/SR-Test.exe

If you already have a splitter, it's probably better to use that rather than the "single-cable" trick.

Aldo

Hi David
Thanks for the reply and the program and advice.
Unfortunately I have a problem with the parabola installed and it does not receive the HVS-1 channel.
Due to the wind it has moved and receives only eumetcast base and of 80 cm I have to replace with 100 cm.
thanks 73 aldo ik1rgm

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

On 09/01/2022 09:57, Aldo via groups.io wrote:
Hi David
Thanks for the reply and the program and advice.
Unfortunately I have a problem with the parabola installed and it does not
receive the HVS-1 channel.
Due to the wind it has moved and receives only eumetcast base and of 80 cm I
have to replace with 100 cm.
thanks 73 aldo ik1rgm
Aldo,

There's a document here with the footprint of the 10A satellite:

https://www.eumetsat.int/eumetcast
https://www-cdn.eumetsat.int/files/2020-04/img_eutelsat_10a_ku_band_cover.jpg

Your 80cm may be OK once it is fixed very well! The 100 cm will get more
signal. but it will also catch more wind, and it will also be more sensitive to
any changes in its pointing. You can't win!

It is also very important to get the dish correctly set:

- azimuth (obvious)
- elevation (obvious)
- skew of the LNB (to minimise reception of the vertically polarised signal)
- focus (move the LNB slightly closer to or further away from the dish)

My apologies if you already know all this, but we are dealing with very weak
and quite wide bandwidth signals. Every extra fraction of a dB is worth the
effort.