FY-3D

Philip Robinson

Ernst
Please dont give up on me. I have sorted it all out i hope
I have not gone out today to try and get my head around this and it all boiled down to something incredibly simple. i knew it would be.
when i right clicked on my properties icon on all my Tellicast icons the target was still to my C: drive. So obviously I have now altered all the targets  to D:drive. So a lot of  the work i was editing  in my D: drive clients folders was a waste of time.
I then had to go through all my cast-client.ini files and do some very careful editing of them to ensure i had all the correct interfaces and target paths because they were now messed up.
Restarted all my clients again and hey presto EVERYTHING IS WHERE IT SHOULD BE and it works. I am receiving all my HVS-2, HVS-1 and BAS files and the logs are where they should be. Davids programmes seem to be fine.
As Ernst said it was a mess.
I dont want to know what "Wer nicht hören will muss fühlen!" means but I feel its not pleasant
i am off to a dark room now
regards
Philip

Just double checked and all is good. "Those who refuse to follow rules shall feel the consequences". Too right.

------ Original Message ------
From: "Ernst Lobsiger via groups.io" <ernst.lobsiger@...>
Sent: 08/01/2022 11:10:00
Subject: Re: [MSG-1] FY-3D

On Sat, Jan 8, 2022 at 02:14 AM, Philip Robinson wrote:
Yes, i did restart the tellicast clients 
Philip,

I GIVE UP: You simply tell us the TelliCast client is broken as it is unable to log on D:.
Go on with your own "next step" of deleting all TelliCast stuff on C:. But don't blame
me if things don't work as expected anymore: "Wer nicht hören will muss fühlen!"

Regards,
Ernst

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Ernst Lobsiger

On Sat, Jan 8, 2022 at 02:14 AM, Philip Robinson wrote:
Philip,

I GIVE UP: You simply tell us the TelliCast client is broken as it is unable to log on D:.
Go on with your own "next step" of deleting all TelliCast stuff on C:. But don't blame
me if things don't work as expected anymore: "Wer nicht hören will muss fühlen!"

Regards,
Ernst

Philip Robinson

Ernst
and restarted the client.ini
Philip

Sent: 08/01/2022 10:08:14

On Sat, Jan 8, 2022 at 01:39 AM, Philip Robinson wrote:
I am sure i had tried changing the target path as that would make sense log_file=>>D:\EUMETCast\logs\recv_hvs-1.log.but it did not work. But may be that I omitted the 2 forward arrows before the D:\
Philip,

after you make changes in the client.ini you have to restart the client. At least you say now "you are sure you TRIED". But if you actually DID the change and restarted the client and it still does not log on D: (whether with or whitout the ">>"), then you are telling us BS again ...

Ernst

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Philip Robinson

Ernst
Just saw your post after i sent mine.
regards
Philip

Sent: 08/01/2022 10:08:14

I am sure i had tried changing the target path as that would make sense log_file=>>D:\EUMETCast\logs\recv_hvs-1.log.but it did not work. But may be that I omitted the 2 forward arrows before the D:\
Philip,

after you make changes in the client.ini you have to restart the client. At least you say now "you are sure you TRIED". But if you actually DID the change and restarted the client and it still does not log on D: (whether with or whitout the ">>"), then you are telling us BS again ...

Ernst

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Philip Robinson

Thorsten,
I spoke too soon
The logs are still going in to my C:\Logs folder
Oh well, everything else works. That will do for me for now , may be i will find out why that is at some time in the future.
tnx
Philip

Sent: 08/01/2022 09:39:41

Ernst/Thorsten
My running clients are all on Drive D: and all my target paths point there ( as i tried unfailing to explain). I should therefore not need any of those C: EUMETCast clients, folders  etc etc now that I have all my EUMETCast running clients , folders etc are on DRIVE D: 
However I was getting the strange part that my logs were being directed  to my C:drive Logs folder.
Of course if that works i will do the same for the bas and hvs-2 log paths
I will try later
thanks
Philip

Sent: 08/01/2022 08:29:35

On Fri, Jan 7, 2022 at 11:12 AM, Philip Robinson wrote:
My next job will to be delete all my  EUMETCast folders on my C:Drive so I do not get in such a mess. Also let OPS know that I am all sorted now. Then to sort out getting my FY3D data in to EUMETCastview.
Philip,

it seems you still don't know whether your clients are on drive C: or drive D: as you installed them on both drives (that's what you said).
If what Thorsten just posted works for you, then the running client is probably started on C:. In this case your next job will complete your mess ...
Be careful.

Ernst

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Ernst Lobsiger

Philip,

Ernst

Philip Robinson

Thorsten,
 I thought i would try that before i go out and it was just those two missing forward arrows.
I think it was because the two lines below that log_file line ( that is the license_file and channels_file)did not have the >> in front of the D:\.   And  the license_file and channels_file worked perfectly. I was then under the impression that the target path for my log file must also start just with D:\.  Obviously not i see.
My lack of script knowledge let me down. i had no idea what >> really meant in the scripting world. 
Note to myself  "must learn more about scripting"
Have a good day
thanks
Philip 
PS are you Danish or Swedish... your English is excellent and the same applies to Ernst.

Sent: 08/01/2022 09:39:41

Ernst/Thorsten
My running clients are all on Drive D: and all my target paths point there ( as i tried unfailing to explain). I should therefore not need any of those C: EUMETCast clients, folders  etc etc now that I have all my EUMETCast running clients , folders etc are on DRIVE D: 
However I was getting the strange part that my logs were being directed  to my C:drive Logs folder.
I will try later
thanks
Philip

My next job will to be delete all my  EUMETCast folders on my C:Drive so I do not get in such a mess. Also let OPS know that I am all sorted now. Then to sort out getting my FY3D data in to EUMETCastview.
Philip,

it seems you still don't know whether your clients are on drive C: or drive D: as you installed them on both drives (that's what you said).
If what Thorsten just posted works for you, then the running client is probably started on C:. In this case your next job will complete your mess ...
Be careful.

Ernst

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Philip Robinson

Ernst/Thorsten
I will try later
thanks
Philip

Philip,

Be careful.

Ernst

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Ernst Lobsiger

Philip,

Be careful.

Ernst

Thorsten Miglus

Hi Philip,

change the lines within your ini files:
log_file=>>\EUMETCast\logs\recv_hvs-1.log

to:
log_file=>>D:\EUMETCast\logs\recv_hvs-1.log

And the log files will go to drive D:

Thorsten

On Sat, Jan 8, 2022 at 01:34 AM, Philip Robinson wrote:

Hi again
Just a final conclusion to this is that i now have not only FY3D segments in EUMETCASTview but also VIIRSM and VIIRSDNB which i didnt have before. All good.
The only strange bit left over is that the log files from my 3 Tellicast always go to my logs folder on my C:Drive. I cannot seem a way of getting the log files to go in to my D:drive logs folder.
But to be honest its all working fine now and i am receiving all the data i require. I will just not delete  the logs folder on my C:Drive, and just let all the logs go in to there.
Happy Days
Good night all
regards
Philip

Philip Robinson

Hi again
Just a final conclusion to this is that i now have not only FY3D segments in EUMETCASTview but also VIIRSM and VIIRSDNB which i didnt have before. All good.
The only strange bit left over is that the log files from my 3 Tellicast always go to my logs folder on my C:Drive. I cannot seem a way of getting the log files to go in to my D:drive logs folder.
But to be honest its all working fine now and i am receiving all the data i require. I will just not delete  the logs folder on my C:Drive, and just let all the logs go in to there.
Happy Days
Good night all
regards
Philip

Sent: 07/01/2022 19:12:04

Hi all
I now have FY-3d data files   the .hdf files are now being received  in my E1H-RDS2 folder
Well what happened?
I know i am going to get a told you so from Ernst.
The problem has occurred because a few years ago i set up all the EUMETCAST stuff on my C:drive. Something must have happened at some stage that i then installed again the whole EUMETCast stuff on my D: drive ( the same computer, but it was not an external drive). So therefore i had 2 duplicated lots of EUMETCAST on my computer.
I only use the D:Drive for my satellite reception and filing work
I then checked again my cast-client_hvs-1.ini folder and the  license_file  path and the channels_file path were pointed to the C:Drive. I altered those paths so they were now pointed to my D:drive
Just doing that alteration made a difference to the hvs_1 log and now when i check the log I am only receive hvs-1 data ( no BAS data in there now) and that includes receiving  the E1H-RDS-2 and E1H-RDS-1 data

I am not  totally sure why doing that has corrected everything  but the lesson to be learnt to newcomers to this hobby( and this is why i am trying to explain whats happened)  is ensure with EUMETCast setting up  that all the folders ...configs etc etc  must go on the same drive. 

I still have  data yet in EUMETCastview, i thought i would have now, but at least i know i have the .hdf data files received and  are now piling in to my computer. I can work it out from there I hope

Ernst
You know your stuff and i am very grateful that you put up with my questions, and you are always there to willingly help others as well

Ernst, David, Graham and Christian
thanks for your help

Philip

Sent: 07/01/2022 11:25:45

Ernst

I know I need to tidy up the data section that  I receive.

And as far as the mixture of bas and hvs-1 channels in the hvs-1 logfile I don’t understand why that’s happening. I seem to have set up the tellicasts correctly and I do receive bas files  in one of  MSG DataManagerand, hvs-1 files in the other MSGDataManager.

I am awaiting a reply from Debbie who is checking that the EARS services have been permitted

Regards

Philip

Sent from Mail for Windows

Sent: 07 January 2022 11:17
To: MSG-1@groups.io

Philip,

this is your home work:

1) You must find out why you have this mixture of channels in the hvs-1 log file. There must be something wrong !!!
2) In your own interest in EOP you should only tick data that you know you can and will process (IASI, ASCAT ???).

Ernst

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Philip Robinson

Hi all
I now have FY-3d data files   the .hdf files are now being received  in my E1H-RDS2 folder
Well what happened?
I know i am going to get a told you so from Ernst.
The problem has occurred because a few years ago i set up all the EUMETCAST stuff on my C:drive. Something must have happened at some stage that i then installed again the whole EUMETCast stuff on my D: drive ( the same computer, but it was not an external drive). So therefore i had 2 duplicated lots of EUMETCAST on my computer.
I only use the D:Drive for my satellite reception and filing work
I then checked again my cast-client_hvs-1.ini folder and the  license_file  path and the channels_file path were pointed to the C:Drive. I altered those paths so they were now pointed to my D:drive
Just doing that alteration made a difference to the hvs_1 log and now when i check the log I am only receive hvs-1 data ( no BAS data in there now) and that includes receiving  the E1H-RDS-2 and E1H-RDS-1 data

I am not  totally sure why doing that has corrected everything  but the lesson to be learnt to newcomers to this hobby( and this is why i am trying to explain whats happened)  is ensure with EUMETCast setting up  that all the folders ...configs etc etc  must go on the same drive. 

I still have  data yet in EUMETCastview, i thought i would have now, but at least i know i have the .hdf data files received and  are now piling in to my computer. I can work it out from there I hope

Ernst
You know your stuff and i am very grateful that you put up with my questions, and you are always there to willingly help others as well

Ernst, David, Graham and Christian
thanks for your help

Philip

Sent: 07/01/2022 11:25:45

Ernst

And as far as the mixture of bas and hvs-1 channels in the hvs-1 logfile I don’t understand why that’s happening. I seem to have set up the tellicasts correctly and I do receive bas files  in one of  MSG DataManagerand, hvs-1 files in the other MSGDataManager.

I am awaiting a reply from Debbie who is checking that the EARS services have been permitted

Regards

Philip

Philip,

this is your home work:

1) You must find out why you have this mixture of channels in the hvs-1 log file. There must be something wrong !!!
2) In your own interest in EOP you should only tick data that you know you can and will process (IASI, ASCAT ???).

Ernst

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Philip Robinson

Ernst

Regards

Philip

Philip,

this is your home work:

Ernst

Ernst Lobsiger

Philip,

this is your home work:

Ernst

Philip Robinson

Ernst
thanks for your help
PID601 is set enabled in the filters table. I am receiving E1H-TPG-1 data so PID looks ok ,as that requires PID601as well
I will see what OPS have to say
regards
Philip

Sent: 07/01/2022 10:36:59

Philip,

it seems indeed you have ticked what you need. The problem of EOP is that it's hard to find, what you have to tick if you compare with the EUMETCast channels and PID lists. And the EOP output and confirmation (mails ?) also differs consirerably if you tick additional thing. Unless there is some accidentally set PID filter in your receiver chain blocking you, it's about time to ask OPS for help.

Regards,
Ernst

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Ernst Lobsiger

Philip,

it seems indeed you have ticked what you need. The problem of EOP is that it's hard to find, what you have to tick if you compare with the EUMETCast channels and PID lists. And the EOP output and confirmation (mails ?) also differs consirerably if you tick additional thing. Unless there is some accidentally set PID filter in your receiver chain blocking you, it's about time to ask OPS for help.

Regards,
Ernst

Philip Robinson

James

Its good to hear that, but I am at a real loss why I cannot receive data from FY3D. If its something simple, I cant seem to find it. Ernst is trying is best to help. To be honest I am not sure what to try next.

All setting for E1H-RDS-2 look correct in my cast-client-channels_hvs-1.ini and the target directory is correct but I have no data in my E1H-RDS-2 folder. I feel it may be  something in the Tellicast config ,but I have also sent email to EOPortal to double check that I have permission for the EARS-MERSI service in the Regional Data Services.

I am getting to  the point of giving up on this one, which is unusual for me.

I am glad its working for you. I do have team viewer if anyone wanted to have a look whats going on here

Regards

Philip

Sent: 07 January 2022 10:05

Yes Windows 10 and latest tc package and dongle sw. 

JB

On 7 Jan 2022, at 08:55, Philip Robinson <philip57@...> wrote:

Hi

Files attached hopefully

regards

Philip

James.

are you using windows10 for your software

Sent: 06/01/2022 22:56:27

Hi

I have attached the ini. files i meant to attach earlier. (with no login name and key, temporary deleted for this attachment)

I still have no data from E1H-RDS-2

Is there anyone out there using just windows10 and receiving data succesfully from FY3D, and using those files  in EUMETCastview

I would love to know there settings

If not I may have to give up the idea of using FY3D in  EUMETCastview

I don`t normally give up, but i have run out of ideas

regards

Philip

use philip6060@....If you would you like to send  a private message 

Sent: 06/01/2022 17:49:34

Philip,

the way you work this will never fly! You have again posted twice your secret login name and key. YES twice because your cast-client-channels_hvs-1.ini is in fact the same as cast-client_hvs-1.ini.
The log file you publish has entries from HVS-1 as well as Basic Service like DWDSAT and Channel_1 . NO idea how you manage to do that (your basic client seems to log to the hvs-1 log file).

Then of course it's EARS  that has not always files like Meteosat-11. But there is also timeliness (this is not direct readout). My last FY-3D file came in 17:12 UTC.

Ernst

Virus-free. www.avg.com

<cast-client_hvs-1.ini>

<cast-client-channels_hvs-1.ini>

James Brown

Yes Windows 10 and latest tc package and dongle sw. 

JB

On 7 Jan 2022, at 08:55, Philip Robinson <philip57@...> wrote:

Hi
Files attached hopefully
regards
Philip

James.
are you using windows10 for your software

Sent: 06/01/2022 22:56:27

Hi
I have attached the ini. files i meant to attach earlier. (with no login name and key, temporary deleted for this attachment)
I still have no data from E1H-RDS-2
Is there anyone out there using just windows10 and receiving data succesfully from FY3D, and using those files  in EUMETCastview
I would love to know there settings
If not I may have to give up the idea of using FY3D in  EUMETCastview
I don`t normally give up, but i have run out of ideas
regards
Philip
use philip6060@....If you would you like to send  a private message 
Sent: 06/01/2022 17:49:34

Philip,

the way you work this will never fly! You have again posted twice your secret login name and key. YES twice because your cast-client-channels_hvs-1.ini is in fact the same as cast-client_hvs-1.ini.
The log file you publish has entries from HVS-1 as well as Basic Service like DWDSAT and Channel_1 . NO idea how you manage to do that (your basic client seems to log to the hvs-1 log file).

Then of course it's EARS  that has not always files like Meteosat-11. But there is also timeliness (this is not direct readout). My last FY-3D file came in 17:12 UTC.

Ernst

Virus-free. www.avg.com
<cast-client_hvs-1.ini>
<cast-client-channels_hvs-1.ini>

Philip Robinson

Ernst
I have ticked EARS-MERSI  under the Regional Data Services and it has been added to my services permission. I have just sent email to Debbie at EUMETSAT to check that i am definitely receiving EARS services but i am 100% certain that EARS-MERSI has been ticked and permission granted on the EOPortal.
I await confirmation from EUMETSAT
regards
Philip

Sent: 07/01/2022 09:42:13

Philip,

way down this thread (#32530) I posted what you have to tick in EOP. It seems you have ticked about everything you cannot use but I must assume you have not ticked EARS-MERSI under this tab:

Regional Data Services
RDS-EARS
EARS-ATOVS
EARS-AVHRR
EARS-ASCAT

Ernst

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Ernst Lobsiger

Philip,

way down this thread (#32530) I posted what you have to tick in EOP. It seems you have ticked about everything you cannot use but I must assume you have not ticked EARS-MERSI under this tab:

Regional Data Services
RDS-EARS
EARS-ATOVS
EARS-AVHRR
EARS-ASCAT

Ernst