not connecting to HVS-2 (yellow Icon in system tray )

Philip Robinson

Hi
Yesterday was the first time for 2 months that  i have had the msg and other satellite software running. HVS-1 and BAS opened normally  but HVS-2 which was ok before hasn`t (yellow icon in system tray). All seemed to be OK in the tellicast log file until this line.
could not open multicast udp socket 224.223.224.223:4711 0n 192.168.10.155 (cannot assign requested address)
I havenet changed anything in the cast-client_hvs-2.ini file and running windows10.
In the past some of you have been kind enough to help me out. I have tried to find out whats causing the problem but lack of  knowledge of how all this works has let me down again.
Its a bit frustrating
I hope someone can help
thanks
Philip

Philip Robinson

To add further information
when running BDADataEx i have tuner status Quality 81% and Level 92% but i have an error1   Initialization TAP-DVB failed  DHCP must be enabled for network adapter!
thanks
Philip
Hopefully the screenshot might help

Thorsten Miglus

Hi Philip,

a SNR of 10.8 dB is not sufficent for a stable reception of HVS 2. This must be improved.

Cheers,
Thorsten

On Thu, Aug 12, 2021 at 02:12 PM, Philip Robinson wrote:

To add further information
when running BDADataEx i have tuner status Quality 81% and Level 92% but i have an error1   Initialization TAP-DVB failed  DHCP must be enabled for network adapter!
thanks
Philip
Hopefully the screenshot might help

Philip Robinson

Hi Thorsten,
My SNR is generally about 11.20 to 11.30db      the SR1 controller shows 12.8ES/No (dB).. Traffic 40 Mbps   My attached screenshot with 10.8dB is a one off reading, and not the normal reading
regards
Philip

Don Williams

My SNR is generally about 11.20 to 11.30db      the SR1 controller shows 12.8ES/No (dB).. Traffic 40 Mbps   My attached screenshot with 10.8dB is a one off reading, and not the normal reading
regards
Philip

Marco Martini

Hi which satellites are received on the HVS-2 transponder?

My SNR is generally about 11.20 to 11.30db      the SR1 controller shows 12.8ES/No (dB).. Traffic 40 Mbps   My attached screenshot with 10.8dB is a one off reading, and not the normal reading
regards
Philip

17° A.N.Carabinieri UMBRIA
Dir.Marco Martini
Tel.393/6939199

Philip Robinson

Hi
Satellite 10E 11387H

Hers a further bit of information . On opening BDADataEx i have an error   Initialization TAP-DVB failed!  DNCP must be enabled for network adapter! but when i check, it seems that DNCP is enabled.

thanks
Philip

Hi which satellites are received on the HVS-2 transponder?

My SNR is generally about 11.20 to 11.30db      the SR1 controller shows 12.8ES/No (dB).. Traffic 40 Mbps   My attached screenshot with 10.8dB is a one off reading, and not the normal reading
regards
Philip

17° A.N.Carabinieri UMBRIA
Dir.Marco Martini
Tel.393/6939199

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

On 13/08/2021 08:54, Marco Martini wrote:
Hi which satellites are received on the HVS-2 transponder?
Marco,

This page has the details:

https://eumetsatspace.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/DSEC/pages/700055570/Channels+and+Packet+Identifiers+PIDs#Current-multicast-channels-and-PIDs%3A

There is a paragraph which says:

"Please click on any of the tabs below to see check the channels names, PID and multicast address associated with each service (Basic Transponder 1, High Volume Transponder 1, High Volume Transponder 2, EUMETCast Channels: Africa Service E8W)"

HVS-2 currently has Sentinel 3A, 3B and 5, some Sentinel 6 data.

Ciao,

Marco Martini

grazie

Il giorno ven 13 ago 2021 alle ore 11:59 David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺 via groups.io <david-taylor=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> ha scritto:
On 13/08/2021 08:54, Marco Martini wrote:
> Hi which satellites are received on the HVS-2 transponder?

Marco,

This page has the details:

https://eumetsatspace.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/DSEC/pages/700055570/Channels+and+Packet+Identifiers+PIDs#Current-multicast-channels-and-PIDs%3A

There is a paragraph which says:

"Please click on any of the tabs below to see check the channels names, PID and
multicast address associated with each service (Basic Transponder 1, High
Volume Transponder 1, High Volume Transponder 2, EUMETCast Channels: Africa
Service E8W)"

HVS-2 currently has Sentinel 3A, 3B and 5, some Sentinel 6 data.

Ciao,

17° A.N.Carabinieri UMBRIA
Dir.Marco Martini
Tel.393/6939199

Philip Robinson

Hi
I am still trying to work this prob out.
 Is the TAP -DVB the problem i wonder. Could it be solved by reinstalling BDAData-exe. Attached is a screenshot of my network connections and the BDADataEx error code if that helps.
thanks hopefully
Philip

Hers a further bit of information . On opening BDADataEx i have an error   Initialization TAP-DVB failed!  DNCP must be enabled for network adapter! but when i check, it seems that DNCP is enabled.

thanks
Philip

Hi which satellites are received on the HVS-2 transponder?

My SNR is generally about 11.20 to 11.30db      the SR1 controller shows 12.8ES/No (dB).. Traffic 40 Mbps   My attached screenshot with 10.8dB is a one off reading, and not the normal reading
regards
Philip

17° A.N.Carabinieri UMBRIA
Dir.Marco Martini
Tel.393/6939199

CrazyCat

show MPE-Filter tab in BDADataEx and IPv4 settings for TAP-DVB adapter

Philip Robinson