Info for dish alignment due to bad weather

Mario Brustia

Hello everyone, I need some information:
due to the bad weather of the last few days in Italy in my area, the dish has lost alignment with MSG.
I have read on some posts that currently the MSG signal is quite unstable if not missing.
Since days ago I tried to realign the system without great success, can you confirm the instability of the signal?

so I would avoid spending days on the roof looking for a signal ... which is not there. thanks to anyone who can give me news

ciao a tutti

Iz1kbp , Mario

geojohnt@...

Hello Mario,

There was a period of 'instability' a few weeks ago but this has been rectified by the EUMETCast uplink provider.
The reason for the problem appears to be unknown.
I've seen very brief instances of the problem since though.

However, my signal is quite steady these days near where it should be.

+++++++++++++++++++

Hello everyone, I need some information:
due to the bad weather of the last few days in Italy in my area, the dish has lost alignment with MSG.
I have read on some posts that currently the MSG signal is quite unstable if not missing.
Since days ago I tried to realign the system without great success, can you confirm the instability of the signal?

so I would avoid spending days on the roof looking for a signal ... which is not there. thanks to anyone who can give me news

ciao a tutti

Iz1kbp , Mario

T-Online

Hi, here in western part of Germany i have a very stable signal. No lost packages etc..

Ciao Flo

Ian Deans

On 01/08/2021 10:31, geojohnt via groups.io wrote:
Hello Mario,
There was a period of 'instability' a few weeks ago but this has been rectified by the EUMETCast uplink provider.
The reason for the problem appears to be unknown.
I've seen very brief instances of the problem since though.
However, my signal is quite steady these days near where it should be.

Lucky you John. My signal is relatively steady, but it is no where near where it should be.

I should be seeing approx. 13.2/13.3 SNR during the day ( a little higher at night ) but I am now down at 12.3 SNR and my dish and LNB are properly aligned. Two thirds of the drop has been the latest incident that we all saw.

Mario Brustia

thanks everyone for the feedback!

Have a nice day!

Mario

Mario Brustia - IZ1KBP
LOC JN45IK - 45.4167N 8.6667E - QRZ
Pilota SAPR ENAC I.APR 012008 - Abilitato A2
OPERATORE ENAC:ITEAYYIFSK
OPERATORE EASA:ITA3YNC64M41Y776R2SM
Pix4D certified user
P.IVA 02638890034 - Albo Artigiani N. 80692
mario.brustia@...
mario.brustia@...
www.meteotrecate.it  www.aprtrecate.it
Facebook >> brustiamario