From: Ian Deans via groups.io
Sent: 01 July 2021 09:49
To: MSG-1@groups.io
Subject: [MSG-1] TP-1 Signal

I am seeing a further deterioration in the TP-1 signal ( not monitoring

TP-2 ) and yesterday evening it was down to about 11.3 SNR when I would

be expecting 12.9/13.1. and the conditions were clear.

This morning a slight recovery from last night's lows but the signal is

still lower than yesterday.

It seems to be taking rather long to sort out and I am hoping this is

not the new normal --- fingers crossed.

geojohnt@...

Ian and All,

I alerted Ops on Tuesday to my - and other users reduced SNR and an instigation was underway as to the cause.
So it looks like EUMETSAT are/were, aware of this.

I've noticed a problem for about 2 weeks(?).
My SNR is down around 1+ dB but my Power reading is up by 2 dBm - sometimes it's 3 dBm up at -22 dbM almost off the SR1 Power dial.

I had a quick update from Ops today who say:

No route cause has been found so far. Investigation are ongoing, including possible interference.

So we live in hope?

 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I am seeing a further deterioration in the TP-1 signal ( not monitoring
TP-2 ) and yesterday evening it was down to about 11.3 SNR when I would
be expecting 12.9/13.1. and the conditions were clear.

This morning a slight recovery from last night's lows but the signal is
still lower than yesterday.

It seems to be taking rather long to sort out and I am hoping this is
not the new normal --- fingers crossed.

geojohnt@...

Hello again,

I should have asked if any other users are (also) seeing an increased Power level reading?

Regards,
John

++++++++++++++++++

I am seeing a further deterioration in the TP-1 signal ( not monitoring
TP-2 ) and yesterday evening it was down to about 11.3 SNR when I would
be expecting 12.9/13.1. and the conditions were clear.

This morning a slight recovery from last night's lows but the signal is
still lower than yesterday.

It seems to be taking rather long to sort out and I am hoping this is
not the new normal --- fingers crossed.

James Brown

Thanks John.

JB

On 1 Jul 2021, at 14:10, geojohnt via groups.io <geojohnt@...> wrote:

[...]

stevens312

Hi John, the same here on the South Coast signal range between 13.1 down to 9.8, wonder if this could be due to the recent sunspot activity and the huge Solar flare that hit the Earth this past weekend.
Regards to all, Mike G4CFZ.