Sentinel 3 files and Pytroll/SatPy

Daniele Guardigli

Thanks for the file, I appreciate it very much. I know that I'm not at your python knowledge level, sorry for the silly question.

Il Sab 30 Gen 2021, 09:35 Ernst Lobsiger via groups.io <ernst.lobsiger=belponline.ch@groups.io> ha scritto:
Daniele,

Learn a minimum of Python. I crippled a Sentinel-3A script of mine for you. Unzip your files into the Sentinel-3A temp directory (EMCdata/tempdirs/xsen3a). Pray and try.

Daniele,

Learn a minimum of Python. I crippled a Sentinel-3A script of mine for you. Unzip your files into the Sentinel-3A temp directory (EMCdata/tempdirs/xsen3a). Pray and try.

Ernst

Daniele Guardigli

Hi Ernst, I download only two files related to the pass over Italy. Apart Sentinel-3X script, there are also S3A and S3B scripts. The problem is only that files are in zip format while scripts accept tar format.

Il giorno ven 29 gen 2021 alle ore 22:19 Ernst Lobsiger via groups.io <ernst.lobsiger=belponline.ch@groups.io> ha scritto:
Daniele,

the answer is that you probably cannot do anything because the scripts assume that you have received a full day
of Sentinel-3X and then depending on your point of interest find the proper filenames to work with. The zip versus
tar is not an unsurmountable problem but you cannot download a day of Sentinel-3X files from CODA ...

Daniele Guardigli

Ernst Lobsiger

Daniele,

the answer is that you probably cannot do anything because the scripts assume that you have received a full day
of Sentinel-3X and then depending on your point of interest find the proper filenames to work with. The zip versus
tar is not an unsurmountable problem but you cannot download a day of Sentinel-3X files from CODA ...

Ernst

Daniele Guardigli

Hi everyone,

I'm new to Pytroll/SatPy and I'm going to understand how does it work. Thanks for the Starter Kit that is a very good tutorial for dummies like me.
I'm trying to process Sentinel 3 images but I realized that when I download files from CODA, they are in zip format while pytroll wants a tar format. How can I do?

Thanks,

Daniele Guardigli