Where has the Bracknell Overlay gone?

Ernst Lobsiger

On Sun, Dec 20, 2020 at 10:59 AM, Paul Gulliver wrote:

All,

I think Paul had the best address. I have tried others as well but had no luck with metoffice.gov.uk (as I had scripting in mind). These
links should be usable with wget(). Whether admins like it is another question. Maybe easier access if you register with metoffice.gov.uk?

www.wetter3.de
******************

12 hourly German (YYmmDDHH):

http://www1.wetter3.de/Archiv/DWD/20122000_DWD_Analyse.gif

http://www1.wetter3.de/Archiv/DWD/20122000_DWD_Analyse.gif

6 hourly U.K. (TODAY,branded "Archived by www.wetter3.de"):

http://www1.wetter3.de/Fax/00_UKMet_Boden+00.gif

http://www1.wetter3.de/Fax/06_UKMet_Boden+00.gif

http://www1.wetter3.de/Fax/12_UKMet_Boden+00.gif

http://www1.wetter3.de/Fax/18_UKMet_Boden+00.gif

www.wetterzentrale.de
**************************

It seems they have just 00 UTC (but in an archive YYYYmmDD00):

https://www.wetterzentrale.de/maps/archive/2020/bra/BRA_1_2020122000_45.png

https://www.weathercharts.org/ukmomslp.htm

LATEST FROM TODAY:

https://www.weathercharts.net/noaa_ukmo_analysis/PPVA89.gif

https://www.weathercharts.net/noaa_ukmo_analysis/PPVA89_fullsize.gif

6 HOURLY FROM TODAY SMALL SIZE (1179 x 864):

https://www.weathercharts.net/noaa_ukmo_analysis/previous/PPVA89_00z_last.gif

https://www.weathercharts.net/noaa_ukmo_analysis/previous/PPVA89_06z_last.gif

https://www.weathercharts.net/noaa_ukmo_analysis/previous/PPVA89_12z_last.gif

https://www.weathercharts.net/noaa_ukmo_analysis/previous/PPVA89_18z_last.gif

6 HOURLY FROM TODAY FULL SIZE (2358 × 1728) :

https://www.weathercharts.net/noaa_ukmo_analysis/previous/PPVA89_fullsize_00z_last.gif

https://www.weathercharts.net/noaa_ukmo_analysis/previous/PPVA89_fullsize_06z_last.gif

https://www.weathercharts.net/noaa_ukmo_analysis/previous/PPVA89_fullsize_12z_last.gif

https://www.weathercharts.net/noaa_ukmo_analysis/previous/PPVA89_fullsize_18z_last.gif

Have fun,

On 20/12/2020 18:59, Paul Gulliver wrote:
Another source is https://www.weathercharts.org/ukmomslp.htm <https://www.weathercharts.org/ukmomslp.htm>
if you scroll to the bottom there is an option to use Hi-Res 2147 by 1728 px
Paul

.. and that sounds like the resolution accepted by GeoSatSignal, and sent over EUMETCast.

Paul Gulliver

if you scroll to the bottom there is an option to use Hi-Res 2147 by 1728 px

Paul

Ernst Lobsiger

All,

O.K. here is the one from today:

https://www.wetterzentrale.de/maps/archive/2020/bra/BRA_1_2020122000_45.png

Does anybody know what kind of map projection they use?

All,

It seems you can get a *.png directly like this:

https://www.wetterzentrale.de/maps/archive/2020/bra/BRA_1_2020120900_45.png

Jeskynar

On Sun, 20 Dec 2020 at 15:38, Ernst Lobsiger via groups.io <ernst.lobsiger=belponline.ch@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Francis,

is this what you are looking for? Riggisberg is 8km from my home :-). Seems to originate from metoffice.gov.uk (?) somewhere.

http://www.wetter-riggisberg.ch/Bilder/Zusatz.php?nr=8&kl=3

Francis Greaves

Perfect! Thanks Ernst!

Ernst Lobsiger

Hi Francis,

is this what you are looking for? Riggisberg is 8km from my home :-). Seems to originate from metoffice.gov.uk (?) somewhere.

http://www.wetter-riggisberg.ch/Bilder/Zusatz.php?nr=8&kl=3

On 20/12/2020 11:12, Francis Greaves wrote:
Where has the Bracknel Overlay gone?
My scripts have been downloading it from http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/bracka.gif <http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/bracka.gif> for years, but it has disappeared. I get redirected to https://old.wetterzentrale.de/pics/bracka.gif <https://old.wetterzentrale.de/pics/bracka.gif>  but nothing there?
Thanks
Francis
There's a higher resolution "Bracknell" chart as part of the EUMETCast stream, or there used to be. GeoSatSignal knows about it.

Bracknell over DWDSAT - e.g. fx401-egrr_bwk_nt_p_000_000-0906070600-afsv.tiff and at least two other variants!

I suggest asking DWD or Ops.

nigel

Hi Francis,

the last Bracknell chart I have received is 18:00 UTC on the 19th - (yesterday) nothing today so the same problem here !

Regards

Nigel

On 20/12/2020 13:48, Francis Greaves wrote:
Thanks, Robert. This coincided with moving my Emuetcast scripts to a different  virtual machine, so this was just another glitch I could have done without!
Seasons Greatings

Francis Greaves

Thanks, Robert. This coincided with moving my Emuetcast scripts to a different  virtual machine, so this was just another glitch I could have done without!
Seasons Greatings

Robert Moore

Francis I have also been downloading from http://old.wetterzentrale.de/pics/bracka.gif for a very long time. But today I got ‘This site can’t be reached’. May just be a weekend glitch – unless you’ve had problems for longer. I’ll try again tomorrow.

Robert