David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

From: Allan Sloan via groups.io

Gents,

Just getting back into satellite reception during lock down and getting some good results with QFH and Double Cross Antenna that I have built recently

What I am looking for is a second RX2 as I am looking to get my daughter to receive some NOAA passes when see is in Norway as part of her Phd

looking to try a Raspberry PI to keep weight down or I might look at SSD radio

So what I am looking for At present is a working or broken RX2 radio that is surplus to your requirements that is gathering dust in a cupboard

If you have one drop me a email.

Allan,

These days, a Raspberry Pi with free software and a low-cost USB dongle will do the job nicely:

https://www.instructables.com/Raspberry-Pi-NOAA-Weather-Satellite-Receiver/

https://shop.technofix.uk/super-stable-1ppm-tcxo-r820t2-tuner-rtl2832u-rtl-sdr-usb-stick-version-3

She will learn a lot from having an RPi. There's one built inside a keyboard just out:

https://www.raspberrypi.org/products/raspberry-pi-400/?resellerType=home

Allan Sloan

David,

Thanks for the suggestion of Raspberry PI & USB dongle.

Have now had one set up and working to the references you gave me.

All working well. Cant wait until i can get some better visible images.

Thanks again.

Regards Allan