New EUMETCastView 1.4.8 release

Hugo

Hi,

I included the MERSI images of FY-3D in EUMETCastView. It was long overdue ...
I had to compile the new version in Qt 5.15.0, so the old dll's of previous releases won't be compatible...
The best thing to do do, is to create a new directory and to copy everything to the new directory. You can of course use
the old ini files from the previous release.
Always keep a copy of the previous release in case things go wrong ....
You will notice that  there is a "bow-tie" effect in the images of FY-3D just like the VIIRS images. So to get a clean picture
you must use a projection.

Kind regards,

Hugo

Douglas Deans

On 25/10/2020 16:23, Hugo wrote:
Hi,
I included the MERSI images of FY-3D in EUMETCastView. It was long overdue ...
I had to compile the new version in Qt 5.15.0, so the old dll's of previous releases won't be compatible...
The best thing to do do, is to create a new directory and to copy everything to the new directory. You can of course use
the old ini files from the previous release.
Always keep a copy of the previous release in case things go wrong ....
You will notice that  there is a "bow-tie" effect in the images of FY-3D just like the VIIRS images. So to get a clean picture
you must use a projection.
Kind regards,
Hugo

Many thanks Hugo. All seems to be working fine so appreciate your efforts in re-compiling.
While I am writing can I ask one very minor question.

Since about 2 or maybe 3 updates ago I notice that the toolbox opens too narrow to see all contents so I have to adjust it. However on closing and re-opening the program it is back to its old too narrow position. Before that it held the chosen size across close/open. Is there some way to fix the size that I am missing.

Thanks again for your hard work.

Best regards,
Douglas.

Hugo

Hi Douglas,

Yes I have noticed it too.
I will try to solve that problem. It bothers my also.

Kind Regards,

Hugo

Esko Petaja

Hello All

I an new in EumetcastView

is there somewhere instruction how i can get it running automatically that it reloads segments automatically and shows
views. ?

I have software installed and running

Another topic there is also mention about. I did not find it as executable   ?.

Br. Esko P
EUMETCastWatcher

Hugo

Hello Esko,

EUMETCastView is written as a pure interactive program. The program is able to process most satellite imagery send by EumetCast.
Examples of images processed by EUMETCastView : https://www.flickr.com/photos/137270544@N02/
A very short 'userguide' (old!) : https://hvanruys.github.io/
The program EUMETCastWatcher is obsolete. It moved the received files to a directory in the following format : YYYY/MM/DD.
This directory structure is used by the software of David Taylor and by EUMETCastView.

Kind regards,

Hugo

Hugo

Douglas,

After some debugging i could not find anything wrong with my code. Some searching on the internet revealed that there are some problems in Qt with saving the state of a full screen window.
To reset the state you should open EUMETCastView and make the window smaller than your screen. Make the toolbox the width that you want and close again EUMETCastView.
If you reopen EUMETCastView and than maximize your window , the toolbox should be the way you want it. I tested this on Windows 10 and everything seems to work now.

Kind regards,

Hugo

Douglas Deans

On 27/10/2020 16:05, Hugo wrote:
Douglas,
After some debugging i could not find anything wrong with my code. Some searching on the internet revealed that there are some problems in Qt with saving the state of a full screen window.
To reset the state you should open EUMETCastView and make the window smaller than your screen. Make the toolbox the width that you want and close again EUMETCastView.
If you reopen EUMETCastView and than maximize your window , the toolbox should be the way you want it. I tested this on Windows 10 and everything seems to work now.
Kind regards,
Hugo

Excellent Hugo that works perfectly.
I wonder if in the past I unwittingly did that hence no problems until recently.
Something to remember.

Thanks again for your help.

Best regards,
Douglas.