From: Ian Deans via groups.io <iandeans142@...>
To: MSG-1@groups.io
Sent: Sun, 28 Jun 2020 17:08
Subject: [MSG-1] Signal

I see a signal increase about 13.00 UTC suggesting a move to the back up
station. Signal up about 0.5 SNR and nice to see 13.00 + SNR again even
with unfavourable weather conditions here.

Ian Deans

Spoke too soon John and see the signal is back down again after just over 4 hours. In my case in poor weather 13.1 to 12.5 SNR. At the same time as the drop in the signal I saw a missed/recovered packet of 5/5 which is quite rare for me, suggesting a station change.

At the risk of repeating myself, it is very annoying that their back up station has a considerably better signal.

On 28/06/2020 17:26, geojohnt via groups.io wrote:
Ian,
Interesting, I see from David's website that many say this increase.
I didn't and since many users SNR is still up a bit, I might just go and give my dish a nudge.
Then again, I might just not!