Topics

Signal level up 0,5 dB

Herman Vijlbrief

Hi to all,

Tonight I noticed that my signal level is about 0,5 dB up comparing to the normal level of the last month's.
The Es/No level is now a stable 15 dB received with an Ayecka / 125 cm dish/35m cable at my location 16 KM south west of Amsterdam.

I hope that this is seen on more locations an has is on this level in the future.

Greetings Herman Vijlbrief

Stefano Mina

Yes Herman, even here in central Italy the SNR has increased. I hope it is not the usual momentary change of uplink and that this is maintained!
Regards
Stephen.

Da: MSG-1@groups.io <MSG-1@groups.io> Per conto di Herman Vijlbrief
Inviato: martedì 4 febbraio 2020 20:21
A: MSG-1@groups.io
Oggetto: [MSG-1] Signal level up 0,5 dB

Hi to all,

Tonight I noticed that my signal level is about 0,5 dB up comparing to the normal level of the last month's.
The Es/No level is now a stable 15 dB received with an Ayecka / 125 cm dish/35m cable at my location 16 KM south west of Amsterdam.

I hope that this is seen on more locations an has is on this level in the future.

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

Hi to all,

==============================================

Yes, I see this for some people, perhaps on both transponders.

https://www.satsignal.eu/mrtg/performance_eumetcast-europe_link_margin.php

Whether it will last, who knows? It's very welcome, though.

David
--
SatSignal Software - Quality software for you
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@...
Twitter: @gm8arv

Douglas Deans

On 04/02/2020 19:21, Herman Vijlbrief wrote:
Hi to all,
_._,_._,_
------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have just noticed that on a beautiful clear night my signal here in central Scotland is down approximately 0.6 dB. Should be about 12.2/12.3 and is 11.7 at the moment.
Very strange and for the first time ever I have parity with HVS2.

Regards,
Douglas.

James Brown

On 4 Feb 2020, at 19:37, David J Taylor via Groups.Io <david-taylor=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

Hi to all,

==============================================

Yes, I see this for some people, perhaps on both transponders.

https://www.satsignal.eu/mrtg/performance_eumetcast-europe_link_margin.php

Whether it will last, who knows? It's very welcome, though.

David
--
Strange dip before and now another dip. Suggesting the signal increase was a mistake?

Cheers,
James.

geojohnt@...

All,

Mmmmm.

I didn't notice my signal level last evening, but for a couple of days now I would say that my SNR is about 
0.2 dB lower than normal under clear sky conditions.
SW London 1 m dish, SR1.

This morning under foggy conditions I would say my SNR is 0.3 dB down on what it 'should be.'

Regards,
John.