Da: MSG-1@groups.io <MSG-1@groups.io> Per conto di Herman Vijlbrief
Inviato: martedì 4 febbraio 2020 20:21
A: MSG-1@groups.io
Oggetto: [MSG-1] Signal level up 0,5 dB

Hi to all,

Tonight I noticed that my signal level is about 0,5 dB up comparing to the normal level of the last month's.
The Es/No level is now a stable 15 dB received with an Ayecka / 125 cm dish/35m cable at my location 16 KM south west of Amsterdam.

I hope that this is seen on more locations an has is on this level in the future.

Greetings Herman Vijlbrief

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

Hi to all,

Tonight I noticed that my signal level is about 0,5 dB up comparing to the normal level of the last month's.
The Es/No level is now a stable 15 dB received with an Ayecka / 125 cm dish/35m cable at my location 16 KM south west of Amsterdam.

I hope that this is seen on more locations an has is on this level in the future.

Greetings Herman Vijlbrief

Yes, I see this for some people, perhaps on both transponders.

https://www.satsignal.eu/mrtg/performance_eumetcast-europe_link_margin.php

Whether it will last, who knows? It's very welcome, though.

Douglas Deans

On 04/02/2020 19:21, Herman Vijlbrief wrote:
Hi to all,
Tonight I noticed that my signal level is about 0,5 dB up comparing to the normal level of the last month's.
The Es/No level is now a stable 15 dB received with an Ayecka / 125 cm dish/35m cable at my location 16 KM south west of Amsterdam.
I hope that this is seen on more locations an has is on this level in the future.
Greetings Herman Vijlbrief
_._,_._,_
I have just noticed that on a beautiful clear night my signal here in central Scotland is down approximately 0.6 dB. Should be about 12.2/12.3 and is 11.7 at the moment.
Very strange and for the first time ever I have parity with HVS2.

James Brown

On 4 Feb 2020, at 19:37, David J Taylor via Groups.Io <david-taylor=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

Hi to all,

Tonight I noticed that my signal level is about 0,5 dB up comparing to the normal level of the last month's.
The Es/No level is now a stable 15 dB received with an Ayecka / 125 cm dish/35m cable at my location 16 KM south west of Amsterdam.

I hope that this is seen on more locations an has is on this level in the future.

Greetings Herman Vijlbrief

Yes, I see this for some people, perhaps on both transponders.

https://www.satsignal.eu/mrtg/performance_eumetcast-europe_link_margin.php

Whether it will last, who knows? It's very welcome, though.

Strange dip before and now another dip. Suggesting the signal increase was a mistake?

Cheers,
James.

geojohnt@...

All,

Mmmmm.

I didn't notice my signal level last evening, but for a couple of days now I would say that my SNR is about
0.2 dB lower than normal under clear sky conditions.
SW London 1 m dish, SR1.

This morning under foggy conditions I would say my SNR is 0.3 dB down on what it 'should be.'