Topics

GOES netCDF Manager V2019.4.2.45 stopped processing

Frank Skillington

Processing ok up to closing down 22.23 on 31.12.19 but when restarted 06.19 on 1.1.20 and today no processing taking place. Is there a reason for this?

Regards
Frank

David J Taylor

Processing ok up to closing down 22.23 on 31.12.19 but when restarted 06.19 on 1.1.20 and today no processing taking place. Is there a reason for this?

Regards
Frank
==================================

Happy New Year, Frank!

I recall this service was due to end in June last year, but was extended until December, although I can't quickly find a reference.

https://www.eumetsat.int/website/home/News/DAT_4167864.html

Ferdinand Valk

The Goes 15 service was there as a back-up for the Goes-17 sat. It has been removed starting January 1.

Goes 17 is now the only satellite providing the Pacific service.

Ferdinand

From: Herman Vijlbrief

My E1H-TPG-4 folder is filled with unprocessed goes 15 files since 2020 01 01 - 0000 UTC.
So goes 15 service seems continuated as a back-up for Goes 17.

Regards,

Herman
====================================

Herman,

I sometimes see this - when new data is sent which I don't need or want. I am normally sent everything! I use my free TrimTree program to remove data older than a certain age, for example, create a script (data-trim.cmd) containing:

TrimTree 1 E:\EUMETCast\received *
TrimTree 5m E:\EUMETCast\received\EPS-10 W_XX*METOPA*

and schedule this script to run every 30 minutes. The first line removes everything more than a day old, and the second removes specified files from a specified directory which is more than 5 minutes old. The first line is more of a catch-all, the second line fort specific unwanted data.

https://www.satsignal.eu/software/disk.html#TrimTree

David J Taylor

Line 1 should be:

TrimTree 1 E:\EUMETCast\received *

The line wrapped. Obviously tweak the directories and retention period to suit your own setup.

Herman Vijlbrief

Thanks David!
The new version of GOES netCDF Manager does the trick.

Greetings and a happy and healthy new year!

Herman

Herman,

I sometimes see this - when new data is sent which I don't need or want.  I am normally sent everything!  I use my free TrimTree program to remove data older than a certain age, for example, create a script (data-trim.cmd) containing:

TrimTree  1    E:\EUMETCast\received *
TrimTree  5m   E:\EUMETCast\received\EPS-10    W_XX*METOPA*

and schedule this script to run every 30 minutes.  The first line removes everything more than a day old, and the second removes specified files from a specified directory which is more than 5 minutes old.  The first line is more of a catch-all, the second line fort specific unwanted data.

 https://www.satsignal.eu/software/disk.html#TrimTree

Thorsten Miglus

Happy New Year to all!

From the recent "Weekly Operations Schedule - Week 51":

NOAA plans to terminate the GOES-15 Imager service on 31 January 2020. The GOES-15 Imager L1b data in netCDF format provided by EUMETSAT will stop being distributed on EUMETCast at the same time.

Cheers,
Thorsten

On Thu, Jan 2, 2020 at 01:41 PM, David J Taylor wrote:

Happy New Year, Ian!

Yes, I searched with Google but didn't find an extension announcement. I was half expecting that because I'd updated the program the service would stop the day afterwards!

Cornish Man

Hi

I haven't been able to get Geos 15 on EUmetcastViewer
Getting Geos 16 & 17 just fine

Jan

On Thursday, 2 January 2020, 16:13:49 GMT, Thorsten Miglus <thorsten.miglus@...> wrote:

Happy New Year to all!

From the recent "Weekly Operations Schedule - Week 51":

NOAA plans to terminate the GOES-15 Imager service on 31 January 2020. The GOES-15 Imager L1b data in netCDF format provided by EUMETSAT will stop being distributed on EUMETCast at the same time.

Cheers,
Thorsten

On Thu, Jan 2, 2020 at 01:41 PM, David J Taylor wrote:

Happy New Year, Ian!

Yes, I searched with Google but didn't find an extension announcement. I was half expecting that because I'd updated the program the service would stop the day afterwards!

David J Taylor

Hi

I haven't been able to get Geos 15 on EUmetcastViewer
Getting Geos 16 & 17 just fine

Jan
###############################

Jan,

Have you updated the GOES-15 NetCDF Manager - if you are using that software?

https://www.satsignal.eu/software/beta.htm

Cornish Man

Hi Daviid

Thnk you for your reply and suggestion
I downloaded the program you told me about and managed to get an image
Think I have to download another program to get it in colour

I imge below is what i got in the visible rnge

Cheers

Jan

On Friday, 3 January 2020, 12:47:28 GMT, David J Taylor via Groups.Io <david-taylor@...> wrote:

Hi

I haven't been able to get Geos 15 on EUmetcastViewer
Getting Geos 16 & 17 just fine

Jan
###############################

Jan,

Have you updated the GOES-15 NetCDF Manager - if you are using that
software?

  https://www.satsignal.eu/software/beta.htm

David J Taylor

Hi Daviid

Thnk you for your reply and suggestion
I downloaded the program you told me about and managed to get an image
Think I have to download another program to get it in colour

I imge below is what i got in the visible rnge

Cheers
Jan

Jan,

GeoSatSignal will process these images.