Topics

Safenet 9.0 XP

Rick

Windows 7 is ok for safenet 9.0.
  I dug up a copy of win 7 & tried this it all worked first time after a clean install. No updates or service pack. No net framework , no java the only thing i added after deleting IE was to put on Firefox it was just the latest down load & as you all know this made the Tellicast Through bit/s work fine. I have data coming in from the basic & hvs-1 all ok on this newer black eku.
                        Thanks to David & Mike.
Regards Rick.

Rick

OK guys thanks for the reply, sorry to be an xp  fan but it works on all my old programs & sbs etc i have the latest mint 19.2 which is great for email etc but not for programs when your not use to dos or a terminal.
I thought i found a site that said safenet 9 would work but you are right i have just googled it & it says no, but safenet 8.2 works on xp & 7,8 etc. I have just tried it on my xp the installer & program looks exactly the same it installed first time & ran SACSrv which was the problem on v9.0 so SACSrv will work on xp when i started the Tellicast it can see my key in the new black eku host_key_4 ****-****-****-****  the yellow icon goes from yellow to white &  data was received . In the log file it even states License check succeeded but it stops after a few mins as its been waiting for the server address 10.90.43.51 this then takes the key out. It does this on all services BAS, HV-1 TER , etc. So i can only assume this is Eumetsat's choice the eku will work with other versions - v8.2 but they have programmed the eku not to do so. What a shame. If OPS had told me this 3 weeks ago or there was a warning on the new software we don't want xp users it would have saved a lot of time.
   I have been trying to put Tellicast on mint which i find out is based on ubuntu, but after hours in the terminal it said it was installed with bits missing & i assume there no head end ? i can not see anything.
 If anybody gets it working on xp let me know, some one on this planet will know as i think there's no technical reason why it shouldn't.
                                         Cheers Rick.

stevens312

Rick, I think by now you have got the info about XP, as I told you earlier its to upgrade to a newer OS, either Linux or another Windows, then you will be able to get operational again. Regards, Mike G4CFZ.

Heiko Schellhorn

Hi Rick

This is the best opportunity to totally get rid of this proprietary (broken by Design) Windows stuff in total and to switch to Linux. By this you'll have an Up to Date and modern operating system.

Best choice would be an Ubuntu distro. The distro-installation ist running Out of the box.
The receiver Installation is quite easy using the tellicast and safenet howtos.

Cheers

Heiko

Am 23. November 2019 15:53:07 MEZ schrieb Thorsten Miglus <thorsten.miglus@...>:

Hi Rick,

ask Google for "safenet 9.0 system requirements". You will find the information that Windows XP is not supported by this version. Throw away Windows XP and jump to Windows 10 immediately. This will work. :-)

Cheers
Thorsten

On Sat, Nov 23, 2019 at 01:23 PM, Rick wrote:
Safenet 9.0.43.0, i have now tried adding SP3 for XP on to the SP2 & net framework 3.5 as i didn't need them before but this made no difference the same problem error 1920 it will not start service SACSrv on installation so it stops then rolls back every time.
I also tried win 2k SP4 & net framework with installer 3.1, it actually installed the new Tellicast Client with icons on the desk top but would not run it when opening it says its not a win 32 application. I looked in the program with note pad & its told to run on xp / 2003 /7 /8 /10. The Safenet 9 would not install atall. All the newer systems are full of access permissions i have got a windows 98 program working on win 10 , it wont install obliviously & i lost the disc in the early 2000's so tried moving the program directly into programs in xp & it worked so also tried it in a friends 7,8 & 10 they all ran it.
I have all ready stated the Tellicast Client runs fine on XP SP2.
OPS have not come back to me i have asked for help but iam stuck now can anybody advise please.
 Many thanks Rick.

[...]

I for got to say before the installer stops with error 1920 it does install drives then the services but stops when it try's to start this service SACSrv , i have tried to start the service manualy in services but it then says could not start error 193.0xc1. Any info would help.
                   Cheers Rick.