Topics

FY-3D test data.

Douglas Deans

On 04/10/2019 14:59, msg1@... wrote:
Douglas,
Are data compressed?
include data bow-tie effect?
Are data possible open in SNAP toolbox if are .HDF format?
thanks

Not compressed.
According to Eumetsat the data has been processed to level-1 using the CMA provided processing package (FY3_IPP). Means little to me but bow-tie effect seems to be eliminated and may be relevant only to channels 21-25 anyway.
Yes you will be able to open all 25 channels in SNAP.
All channels are 1 km from Eumetsat although I believe channels 1-4 are 250m from the satellite.

Remember this is test data only and not generally available at the moment.

msg1@...

Douglas,
Are data compressed?
include data bow-tie effect?
Are data possible open in SNAP toolbox if are .HDF format?
thanks

Douglas Deans

Using HDFView from the HDF Group I have managed to process my first FY-3D image from test EARS data on Eumetcast. The data is in 1 minute segments from a number of the EARS Stations and is a channel 4 (of 25).
Satellite just comimg over africa.
Very time consuming but perhaps someone will automate the process, once the data becomes available to all.
Wonder if Hugo may add the data to EUMETCastView.
There will be approximately 500 files per day, 250 data, 250 geolocation amounting to about 5GB daily.