Topics

Tbs 5925 - Problem with modcode For HVS-1

samu120497@...

Hi everyone, My name is Samuele. I'm from italy... My english speaking is very bad, i hope you understanding my problem: last year, with my old PC (updated from windows 8.1 to windows 10 two years ago) I correctly received satellite data from the 8PSK (bas) and 16APSK (hvs-1) modcodes. Unfortunately, a few months later the motherboard died and I had to change computers. I have reinstalled all the software following the procedures and the indications of Eumetsat but nowadays I only receive the data from the modcode 8psk while from 16apsk the quality is always at 0. In this time frame I have only changed computers, the satellite dish has not been moved. As a receiver I have a TBS5925 and the data is processed by BDADataEx version 1.1.4.9. Do any of you have a solution to my problem? Are there other people like me who already happened? Thanks in advance for your reply.

Samuele

David J Taylor

[...]

Welcome to the group, Samuele! Sorry to hear of your problems.

I have some notes on MODCOD settings here, which may help:

https://www.satsignal.eu/wxsat/Ayecka/Next-steps.html#modcod

but they are for the Ayecka SR1 receiver.

For the TBS/BDADataEx program, on the MPE Filter tab, set the Multicast PID to 8192 to get both BS and HVS-1 data. Click "Apply Settings".

I hope that helps.

Ciao,