Topics

Himawari reception

geojohnt@...

Jan,

No!

You just need to get it aligned accurately.
You should be getting the same SNR on TP-1 - if not a little more - than I am.

++++++++++++++++++

In a message dated 23/07/2019 19:49:05 GMT Standard Time, cornishman68@... writes:

To get HVS I will need a bigger dish than my 110cm I suppose

geojohnt@...

Roland,

The way I do it is right click one of the VIS thumbnails and you will get a 'GeoSatSignal process ...' message.
Left click this and GeoSatSignal will open 'as usual.'

Regards,
John

In a message dated 23/07/2019 19:41:49 GMT Standard Time, fly.fechter@... writes:

All I can get is currently SNR 10.8. This enables me - clear sky - to receive Goes 17.

B1, B2,B3, etc. The problem I have is that I am unable

 to turn these into a coloured - false colour - image.

Could you please tell me how to obtain from the ABI manager false colour images of  the Goes 17 channels ?

Cornish Man

To get HVS I will need a bigger dish than my 110cm I suppose

:(

On Tuesday, 23 July 2019, 19:41:49 BST, fly.fechter@... <fly.fechter@...> wrote:

Thanks, John !

All I can get is currently SNR 10.8. This enables me - clear sky - to receive Goes 17.

B1, B2,B3, etc. The problem I have is that I am unable

 to turn these into a coloured - false colour - image.

Could you please tell me how to obtain from the ABI manager false colour images of  the Goes 17 channels ?

I look forward to your kind reply.

Regards,

Roland

-----Original-Nachricht-----

Betreff: Re: [MSG-1] Himawari reception

Datum: 2019-07-23T18:47:16+0200

Von: "geojohnt via Groups.Io" <geojohnt@...>

An: "MSG-1@groups.io" <MSG-1@groups.io>

Roland,

Himawari moved to HVS-1 some time ago - as did GOES-E and GOES-W.
Firstly you need to 'tick the box' for Himawari data in your EUMETCast Licence account via EO Portal.

Secondly you will need to get a lot more SNR from your dish.
Currently, you hardly have enough link margin under clear sky conditions to receive the HVS-1 stream.

++++++++++++++

In a message dated 23/07/2019 17:12:02 GMT Standard Time, fly.fechter@... writes:

What settings are required where  ?- what service, basic service or HSV-1 ?
I no longer see images of Himawari though its data is part of the data I booked with Eumetsat !

fly.fechter@t-online.de

Thanks, John !

Datum: 2019-07-23T18:47:16+0200

Von: "geojohnt via Groups.Io" <geojohnt@...>

An: "MSG-1@groups.io" <MSG-1@groups.io>

Roland,

Himawari moved to HVS-1 some time ago - as did GOES-E and GOES-W.
Firstly you need to 'tick the box' for Himawari data in your EUMETCast Licence account via EO Portal.

Secondly you will need to get a lot more SNR from your dish.
Currently, you hardly have enough link margin under clear sky conditions to receive the HVS-1 stream.

++++++++++++++

In a message dated 23/07/2019 17:12:02 GMT Standard Time, fly.fechter@... writes:

What settings are required where  ?- what service, basic service or HSV-1 ?
I no longer see images of Himawari though its data is part of the data I booked with Eumetsat !

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

Hello,
What settings are required where ?- what service, basic service or HSV-1 ?
I no longer see images of Himawari though its data is part of the data I booked with Eumetsat !
Thanks in advance for your advice,
Regards,
Roland

Roland, please look at the EUMETSAT Web site!

https://www.eumetsat.int/website/home/News/DAT_4054806.html
https://www.eumetsat.int/website/home/News/DAT_3942692.html