Topics

Metop-manager and save zoomed zone

Massimo Petrantoni

Hello David!

In the past I used an Italian software for receiving and decoding MSG and Metop.

Now I use your software.

Bur I have a problem.
If I wanted to view the metop image of Italy, and then save only Sicily, what should I do exactly?

In your site I see this image....

Best regards

Max

David J Taylor

Hello David!

In the past I used an Italian software for receiving and decoding MSG and Metop.

Now I use your software.

Bur I have a problem.
If I wanted to view the metop image of Italy, and then save only Sicily, what should I do exactly?

In your site I see this image....

Best regards
Max
==================================

Max,

You can always screen-grab the image you want - if you are viewing at the appropriate time.

Alternatively, you first select the chunks containing the are you want in the browser view, then open the one or more chunks in the HRPT Reader, and select the processing options to produce the processed result you want.

Perhaps someone can give you a more detailed tutorial?

Ciao,

Robert Moore

I would save the whole image and then cut out the bit I need in PhotoShop or (free) Paint.net. Sometimes a bit of tweaking (as distinct from faking) can be quite useful too.

Robert

[...]

But ... isn't there a function (David's software) that zooms in and saves only the zoom section?

Max

From: Massimo Petrantoni

But ... isn't there a function (David's software) that zooms in and saves only the zoom section? Max

Click the displayed Metop image. File|Save to save the image. Please note that this is more of a debugging feature and any existing image will be overwritten.

The intention is that you use the Browser tab to select adjacent chunks for processing in the HRPT Reader.

Ciao,