Topics

EUMETCastView Image rotation

g3pha.morris@btinternet.com

Greetings Douglas, I use the programme mainly for MSG data display and the other Geostationary
satellites, haven't made use of the "Projection" facility until now and the availability of NOAA20 data.
Your image looks good so now trying to manipulate/understand the "Projection" features to provide the image
quality available from NOAA20. Regards, John Morris

On Friday, 28 June 2019, 19:44:33 BST, Douglas Deans via Groups.Io <dsdeans@...> wrote:

On 28/06/2019 17:59, g3pha.morris@... via Groups.Io wrote:
> Greetings Hugo and thanks for your reply. Now investigating further. John.

And as an example John here is a NOAA 20 image (one of my older ones) of
western Europe with a GVP projection in full colour.
Once you master projections it is very simple and remember you can save
projections (locations, zoom etc) in your POI file.

Douglas Deans

On 28/06/2019 17:59, g3pha.morris@... via Groups.Io wrote:
Greetings Hugo and thanks for your reply. Now investigating further. John.

And as an example John here is a NOAA 20 image (one of my older ones) of western Europe with a GVP projection in full colour.
Once you master projections it is very simple and remember you can save projections (locations, zoom etc) in your POI file.

g3pha.morris@btinternet.com

Greetings Hugo and thanks for your reply. Now investigating further. John.

On Friday, 28 June 2019, 17:39:39 BST, Hugo <hvanruys@...> wrote:

Hello John,

The raw VIIRS images (NPP and NOAA-20) are by nature meant to be projected to ,for example a vertical perspective projection due to the "pixel trim" fill values ( lines in blue). So it is not necessary to rotate the raw images.
You have to project the raw images to a LCC, GVP or a Stereographic projection.
See http://hvanruys.github.io/VIIRS

Hugo

Hello John,

The raw VIIRS images (NPP and NOAA-20) are by nature meant to be projected to ,for example a vertical perspective projection due to the "pixel trim" fill values ( lines in blue). So it is not necessary to rotate the raw images.
You have to project the raw images to a LCC, GVP or a Stereographic projection.
See http://hvanruys.github.io/VIIRS

g3pha.morris@btinternet.com

Is it possible to rotate, by 180deg, a received NOAA 20 image when viewed
via Toolbox VIRS vertical tab and M-Band horizontal tab.
Advice welcomed.    John Morris.