Topics

Waiting for Segments in AVHRR

Andy Clarke

Hi,

I have been successfully downloading data from GEO16 & 17 using David's GoesAbiManager and have two instances running as he suggested grabbing data from "C:\EUMETCast\received\hvs-1\default". Have also put together some what I think are fantastic animations using GeoSatSignal as well. I have also successfully decoded what I believe is SEVIRI using MSG Data Manager from "C:\EUMETCast\received\bas\default"

EUTMESAT have just enabled NOAA19,METOPA,B &C as Basic Service and I have pointed AVHRR Manager to C:\EUMETCast\received\bas\default" but when I click Start the green gif shows and I just see waiting for segments. I have had  this running for about 3 hours but not sure if I am just not waiting long enough? In teh raw folder, I have seen one file type which appears to reference METOPA in C:\EUMETCast\received\bas\default" named "W_XX-EUMETSAT-Darmstadt,SOUNDING+SATELLITE,METOPA+AMSUA_C_EUMC_20190617133423_65691_eps_o_l1.bin" and another in C:\EUMETCast\received\hvs-1\default which is of the file type "W_XX-EUMETSAT-Darmstadt,SOUNDING+SATELLITE,METOPC+GRAS_C_EUMR_20190617135520_03162_eps_t_l1.bin".

I've got the Kepler data updated in WKTrack (can I use this instead of my Yaesu FT818 instead of WXtoIMG as well?) and the ground station is showing along with the pass view in AVHRR.

I know this is probably a "schoolboy" question but I am struggling to see what I am doing wrong? There is nothing in the AVHRR event log tab.

I've only been doing this for about a month and this a sharp learning curve for me.

Thanks

Andy

GERARD BOON

hi Andy,

Your issue resolved yet?

Gerard

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

[...]

===============================

Andy,

I've only just seen this message.

Files like: W_XX-EUMETSAT-Darmstadt,SOUNDING+SATELLITE,METOPA+AMSUA are ones which can be managed with the Metop Manager, continuous world-wide coverage. Those files are "sounding" data, microwave measurements of the atmosphere.

You mention the "AVHRR (Manager) Event Log tab". This program manages the EARS data - near real-time data over an extended Europe area. The EARS data is available for all three Metop satellites, and NOAA-19 too. The files come on Data Channel 1.

Yes, there is a lot of data, and I sometimes find it difficult to remember which data is on which channel! You've found the right place to ask for peer support, though.

Graham Woolf

Hi

Correct me if I'm wrong but I dont think METOP-C data is available on EARS yet.

At least I'm not seeing any

Regards

Graham

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

Hi

Correct me if I'm wrong but I dont think METOP-C data is available on EARS yet.

At least I'm not seeing any

Regards

Graham
==============================

Must be manufacturers only. The program was updated in late April.

https://www.satsignal.eu/software/AVHRRmanager.htm

Andy Clarke

Hi Gerard,

No not yet, I am OK with GOES 16 & 17 and I think what is SEVIRI but just wanted to decode some NOAA19 pictures. I can do this direct from NOAA19 when it goes overhead using my FT-818 and WXToIMG on 137.100Mhz but I think the image quality would be better grabbing them from EUMETSAT.

Thanks

Andy

Kind Regards

Andy S Clarke

Callsign: 2E0UPS
General Email:
wx@...
QSO Email: qso@...

CallSign: https://www.qrz.com/db/2E0UPS
Business Website: https://www.ringtone.net

NOTICE AND DISCLAIMER
This email contains Ringtone.net Ltd information, which may be privileged or confidential. It's meant only for the individual(s) or entity named above. If you're not the intended recipient, note that disclosing, copying, distributing or using this information is prohibited. If you've received this email in error, please let me know immediately on the email address above. Thank you. We monitor our email system, and may record your emails. Ringtone.net Ltd. Registered in England no: 4225273. VAT No. GB793717388.