Topics

formally [MSG-1] Tellicast V2.4.4 'configuration.' - now TC V2.14.4 'configuration.'

geojohnt@...

Hello All,

I told you I was an old duffer - the Subject should have been Tellicast V2.14.4 'configuration.'

Regards,
John

In a message dated 15/06/2019 15:40:53 GMT Standard Time, geojohnt@... writes:

Hello All,

Goodness, I do feel like and old duffer!

Having just updated all my SatSignal programmes and seeing a Himawari tab on the latest MDM I'm tentatively
experimenting with HVS-1 on Tellicast V2.14.4 running in parallel with TC V2.4.4a - for BS.

Now, my - what was recv.channel.ini - in the old version is 'empty' on the new version::

+++++++++
[channel]
name=*
receive_buffer_size=8000000
target_directory=\EUMETCast\received\hvs-1\default
tmp_directory=\EUMETCast\tmp\hvs-1

# DO NOT EDIT OR DELETE THE FOLLOWING SECTION!!!
[channel]
name=WWW-Channel
receive_buffer_size=8000000
target_directory=www/eumetsat
tmp_directory=www/tmp/
+++++++++

I've let HVS-1 run for around 3 hours and HTML Shell has shown these channels have been active during that time:
E1H-TPG2
E1H-TPL 1
E1H-TPG 4E1H-EPS 10
E1H-RDS 1
TSL HVS-1

Looking in my EUMETCast > received > hvs-1 > default folder I have (5.44 GB):

goes 15 BZ2 files
(lots of) IMG_DK01B01 and DK01B01/B06/B09/B10/B11/B12/B14/B16, BZ2 files
IMG_DK01IR1/IR2/IR3/IR4, BZ2 files
IMG_DK01VIZ, BZ2 files
SVMC_npp_(date)_txxxxx_exxxxx, H5 files
W_XX-EUMETSAT_Darmstadt, SOUNDING...., BIN files

????

Now, I don't know what satellites VIS/IR data HVS-1 is disseminating and I've looked on David's website and
and found under 'Using EUMETCast' a table detailing Channel Names  - BS, HVS-1, HVS-2.
And a link to EUMETSAT's channel naming pages.

However, it/they, are not always explicit - saying things like third party geo rather than naming the individual satellites.

So, sorry for being so dumb, but what satellites VIS and IR data is disseminated on HVS-1 that isn't disseminated on BS?
And, would somebody be kind enough to send me a sample/suggested HVS-1 'rcvd.channels.ini - as was, as a guide.

Much appreciated,

Regards,
John Tellick

geojohnt@...

Hello Hugo,

>The following sats are disseminated from the following folders :
>E1H-EPS-10 : Metop C
>E1H-RDS-1 : NPP (VIIRS-M)
>E1H-TPG-1 : GOES-16
>E1H-TPG-2 : Himawari-8
>E1H-TPG-3 : GOES-17
>E1H-TPG-4 : GOES-15 in nc format

>Hope this helps,

Thanks very much for the useful information.

Right, gosh, several more satellites to 'process.'
I knew of course that GOES had 'moved stream' but, dare I say, wasn't sure 'where.'

So I need to set up my cast-client-channels_hvs-1.ini to send these individual data to specific files and not default as it is at present.

And this will be the case in cast-client-channels_bas.ini, as I'm still using TC V2.4.4a for BS.

Now, I copied a 4th MDM and named it Himawari and directed it to 'default' and it's processing and displaying Himawari data OK.

It seems to me from the above that I'll need a second copy of AVHRR Manager just for Metop C (at the moment)?
GOES 16 and 17 use ABI format (I believe) and I think David has a modified MDM for that.

So that leaves NPP VIIRS.
Er, is there a programme for that?

Best wishes,
John.

Douglas Deans

On 16/06/2019 12:13, geojohnt via Groups.Io wrote:
[...]

Yes Hugo's program EUMETCastView does NPP VIIRS and NOAA 20 VIIRS and indeed does all the satellites above in one program if you are interested. It does not do animations though but Hugo has said that he intends to add it to the program sometime.