Topics

file problem

Heinz Meschnark

Hello!
I am using eumetsat.
As you can see I can recieve the files partially.
When I enter eumetsat.bas, the icon is dark.
Then I get the message "warning reset" or "error".
I am using the Msg Manager V3.1.10.1268 and cannot see this software working.
Please can you help

Ernst Lobsiger

Heinz,

click on the red WARNING and you should see what the problm is.

Ernst

GERARD BOON

Dear Heinz,

You may have a problem with the location of your received files. Looking at your screenshot of your MSGDataManager it states: C:\EUMETCast\received. Mine is C:\EUMETCast\received\bas.

You should try clicking the box prüfen to check if your files are in the right place, if this finds no files then try adding \bas and check again

Of course it depends on your individual installation but if you used the standard install offered by the Tellicast 2.14.4 that should work.

You can also check on your C: drive to see if you have 2 folders installed: EUMETCast and EUMETSAT , check the first folder which should have 3 subfolders: logs/received/tmp

My received folder has 2 subfolders bas and has-1 because I take both the basic and the high volume service. I am hoping you will at least have bas.

The bas folder on a standard install has a lot of subfolders! Just to get started you will need to ensure that MSGDataManager checks this bas folder as described above.

Hope this helps you

Gerard

David J Taylor

From: Heinz Meschnark

Hello!
I am using eumetsat.
As you can see I can recieve the files partially.
When I enter eumetsat.bas, the icon is dark.
Then I get the message "warning reset" or "error".
I am using the Msg Manager V3.1.10.1268 and cannot see this software working.
Please can you help

Heinz,

Thanks for posting the screen-shots.

Looking at the TelliCast Statistics page, I see a non-zero value for Missed Packets, and for Recovered Packets. For receiving just the Basic Service (which I would advise to start with) I would expect a zero value for both numbers as you are located in Austria. The exception might be if you now have the High Volume Service (HVS-1) enabled as that does need more signal (perhaps 80 cm in Austria?).

But as Gerard notes, it may just be getting that received data path correct.

73,
David GM8ARV