Topics

EARS-VIIRS NOAA-20

Roby

Hello everyone, I read on the news of Eumetsat that from April 9 data on NPP-2 channel have been released, but even if enabled for reception, I do not receive the data.
Can anyone tell me if they are broadcast on BASIC or HVS-1? And if they are received correctly?
thanks for your attention
best regards and happy Easter
Roberto

Ernst Lobsiger

Hi Roberto

The data of Suomi_NPP satellite are now on HVS-1 channel E1H-RDS-1.
The new data of NOAA-20 arrive now on Basic Service channel NPP-2.
Both satellites carry the VIIRS instrument. On EUMETCast you get
M-Bands (SVM..) and DNB-Band (SVDNB..) in two separate file types.

Hope that helps
Ernst

Am 18.04.2019 08:41, schrieb Robydem via Groups.Io:

Hello everyone, I read on the news of Eumetsat that from April 9 data
on NPP-2 channel have been released, but even if enabled for
reception, I do not receive the data.
Can anyone tell me if they are broadcast on BASIC or HVS-1? And if
they are received correctly?
thanks for your attention
best regards and happy Easter
Roberto

Roby

Hi Ernst, thanks for help.
I checked the license in Eumetsat, and I realized that I only enabled RDS-EARS-AVHRR and not RDS-EARS-VIIRS.
I requested to be enabled today.

thanks again for the help. Happy Easter
Roberto