Topics

Help menu

compu_friend

Thanks David / everyone,

I should have known Win10 was involved some how.  That fixed the problem.
All because of low life hackers.  I wonder how the Roman era would have handled hackers?
Maybe we have gotten too soft in dealing with these folks?

Gerry

David J Taylor

Hi all,

I am new to Wxtract. So while seeing what it takes to make it go I cant find much if anything on the Help menu.
There are a lot of index items listed. However when highlighted and pushing display , nothing happens.
Maybe I missed doing something during install or? Anyway I need help finding help! :)

Gerry
==============================

Gerry,

Actually, with the content showing as blank it's because Windows is blocking full access to the file. Try this solution:

https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/1961503-solved-windows-10-chm-help-files-showing-up-blank

Twitter:@gm8arv

David J Taylor

Hi all,

I am new to Wxtract. So while seeing what it takes to make it go I cant find much if anything on the Help menu.
There are a lot of index items listed. However when highlighted and pushing display , nothing happens.
Maybe I missed doing something during install or? Anyway I need help finding help! :)

Gerry

Gerry,

If you check the FAQ:

https://www.satsignal.eu/software/faq.htm

Q16 deals with this issue:

"For Windows-10, download, right-click unblock and expand this file, and right-click run the Install.cmd with administrative privilege."

https://www.satsignal.eu/software/WinHelpWin10.zip

Twitter:@gm8arv

compu_friend